Lighting Designer / Product Designer
This privately owned British company has a brand name that is synonymous with luxury lighting and furniture products and they supply the most prestigious hotel, yacht and residential projects around the world.
A vacancy has now arisen for a creative candidate to join their dynamic design team and be responsible for designing for the brand as well as being a guardian of the product.
Responsibilities will include: designing products for their annual New Collection; developing the product from concept to launch; maintaining and developing relationships with the makers; understanding the commercial aspects of the development process; ensuring deadlines are met; taking part in the ongoing product care of the collection and providing support for the Creative Director in terms of idea generation; applying flair to any creative project and cultivating a dynamic creative partnership.
Person / Experience Required:
- Degree in product design or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years' relevant experience
- Artistic flair with good sketching skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Genuine interest and passion for art, design and interior design
- Commercial understanding of taking a product to market
- Must be a car driver as the offices are not close to a train station