Software Engineering Manager - Central London
Our client, a technology company based in Central London, has developed a ground-breaking cloud-based e-commerce platform. The main business of the group is a digital exchange for media with focus on on-top-services for its international customers. Their unique solution offers any digital content owner a way plug into the business chain and sell any kind of media to their affiliated retailers and brands. With offices around Europe and growth in a number of areas within their new London office, they are now recruiting for an exceptional Senior Engineering Manager to join the team.
They ultimately are seeking a character of vision and vigorous dynamism. With the drive to envision, invent and realise the future in products today. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-moving company with big ambitions and make its goals their own.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background and will be able to demonstrate a substantial track record of effectively and successfully managing multicultural engineering teams. Making sure that innovative products are developed on time and that resources are working at capacity.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Working alongside senior technical resources in the group, provide leadership to the engineering department to deliver consistently high standards and drive the adoption of best practices throughout the team;
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering teams in the various locations as well as the management and execution of software development projects against delivery commitments and project plans;
- Provide technical guidance and direction, as well as hands-on resource and project management, for all site/software development activities;
- Realise efficiencies through a thorough understanding of new and relevant technologies;
- Ensure the optimal application of engineering resources in order to meet product development requirements and deadlines;
- Focus on keeping our services stable, maintainable and secure whilst anticipating the future scalability of our platforms and products;
Desired Skills & Experience
- Technical skills allowing them to apply own judgment across a wide field of engineering activities
- Demonstrable experience of having successfully led multicultural engineering teams and delivered successful products;
- Comfortable and experienced in working in agile development environments;
- Knowledge of how to allocate resources across projects and empower teams to deliver on quality and time targets;
- The ability to move quickly and flexibly;
- Ability to understand business and commercial concerns
- Ability to view issues and concerns from multiple perspectives while keeping the “big picture” in focus;
- Experience project managing multiple technical projects focused on the client experience is essential;
- Motivated to constantly learn new technologies, tools and practices;
- Knowledge/Experience of cloud solutions, content management, e-commerce and mobile applications is highly appreciated but not essential.