Digital Analytics and Insight Analyst
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
American Express Travel Online (ATO) is a one-stop travel shop for American Express Cardmembers looking to book flights, hotels, car hire, experiences and cruises online. Alongside the convenience and re-assurance of booking travel with American Express online, the ability to earn accelerated MR points on all bookings and to pay with points provides a unique competitive advantage.
American Express Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) is global business unit at American Express that delivers consumer travel and lifestyle services and benefits to Card Members. TLS not only drives direct revenue and cost savings but also plays an important role in overall Card product engagement, loyalty and satisfaction. The TLS strategic vision is for the online site to serve as the front-door for TLS interactions and enable a seamless travel shopping and booking user experience where customers are reminded of the immense added value Amex delivers by virtue of their Cardmembership.
The Digital Travel Team in the Travel and Lifestyle Services group leads digital product strategy, website development, and Digital marketing for TLS leisure travel and proprietary online programs on our international online travel platform across 13 current markets. The group is an exciting and fast growing component of the broader Consumer Services organization.
The Digital Analytics & Insights position will play an instrumental role in driving progress against our strategy on the online travel platform in the following ways:
- Shaping business planning/reporting capabilities;
- Understanding and helping drive improvements in customer satisfaction related to the online customer;
- Analyzing key site and marketing metrics - traffic, click-throughs, conversion, funnels, bookings, etc. - to monitor trends and work in partnership with Product team to develop strategies to drive improvements;
- Play an ongoing role as the point-person for ad hoc business analysis and test and learn strategy to analyze critical performance metrics of new features and functionality;
- (Support leader with User Research analysis and reporting
- Identify onsite pain-points through our various listening posts and concisely present data to relevant stakeholders.
The successful candidate must possess extensive knowledge and experience of mining and interpreting data from multiple listening posts, including Omniture, Medallia and insights from User Research. S/he will have excellent analytical and project management skills, the ability to work across multiple projects and markets.
The successful candidate must also have strong interpersonal and communication skills and proven capability of working within a cross-functional team, our web vendor and external agencies. The new candidate will work alongside the Digital Product and Digital marketing team and with internal stakeholders and external partners across Latin America/Canada, Europe and Asia Pacific.
The Digital Analytics & Insights Analyst will be critical in continuing to evolve the Digital Travel team's growth by facilitating reporting and strategic business analysis to drive data-driven decision making. S/he will focus on providing insightful and critical business insights to senior leadership on a regular basis.
Other responsibilities include:
- Driving business analysis to evaluate and grow our websites' sales, transactions and customer satisfaction
- Supporting the execution of the site's test and learn strategy
- Optimizing use of our Omniture suite of products (Omniture Site Catalyst) and onboarding new tools to enhance our ATO sites.
- Compiling regular performance dashboards, as well as catering key data for different audiences/stakeholders across the business/markets.
- Supporting User Research analysis, and the reviewing of Medallia customer feedback.
- Providing ad hoc analytics and decision support to monitor and evaluate continuous enhancements
- Creating and managing site enhancements associated with enabling analysis required to drive sales & conversion
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong analytics skills, able to draw conclusions from data, management information and trends: proven track record of using analytics systems (Omniture preferred) to leverage data for optimisations, as well as driving success stories.
- Be analytically minded with an excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in tagging (e.g. Omniture or similar) and analytics packages.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate credibly with internal & external partners and colleagues
- Ability to work on own initiative and in uncertain conditions - must be a ‘self-starter'.
- Ability to advise and influence stakeholders and teams not under direct control.
- Demonstrated experience of working with agencies.
- Highly organized with effective project management skills.
- Experience of working with geographically/culturally diverse teams.
- Understanding of travel industry economics and profitability drivers.
- Fundamental understanding of usability and interactive technologies
- Good presentation skills and confident presenting style
- Passion for travel!
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you'll find out what we're really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you'll hear. It's our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World's Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor's 2017 Best Places to Work. If you're ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the Apply button.
However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).