Midweight Designer - £30K
Having been around for over 25 years, this agency creates incredible, engaging ideas that go anywhere. They have incredible experience delivering on integrated projects that cover retail, shopper, on-pack, sponsorship, digital, social, experiential, TV, outdoor and press.
As a Designer you will:
- Work on a range of things across a number of media, sometimes coming up with design from scratch, sometimes helping more senior members of the team develop their concepts and designs.
- There'll be times when you'll be working straight to Mac and other times when the client will want to see scamps of your ideas first.
- You'll have the experience and self-assurance to articulate and discuss your designs with colleagues across the agency.
- You will have developed a confident eye and creative flair.
- You have come to understand the nature and demands of deadline driven work and have the flexibility and maturity to work as and when needs be.
- You will keep an eye on broader developments in the design industry, bringing your passion and knowledge at every stage of your work.
- You should be obsessive about great design and excellent ideas, whatever their form, and aspire to produce the level of work that is recognised as being great both by clients and by the world at large.
- In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive the support and training needed to continue progressing your career, as well as access to some of the most talented people in the business.
- Produce outstanding design work
- Produce original, clear, effective scamps in response to design briefs
- Mac visuals in response to design briefs, direction from more senior creatives or progressing scamps
- Flexibility to design across a range of different media
- Value-added contributions to work you are creating and delivering
- You should be happy taking direction from more senior creatives and keen to learn the insights they have, but also comfortable producing work without direction.
- You will work in teams with Art Directors, Copywriters and other designers produce outstanding creative concepts
- You should be eager to be part of the new business process in whatever way supports the agency.
- Be enthusiastic, positive and engaged
- An education in design and the core design principles
- A minimum of 4 years experience as a designer
- An impressive portfolio that demonstrates your range, creativity and original thought.
- Retail/ experiential design experience is a must.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Commitment to succeeding
- An excellent ability in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Sketch-up knowledge would be beneficial to have
In return for your hard work and dedication the client offers a competitive salary and benefits package. You'll receive 20 days standard holiday, and in addition you'll receive your birthday day off and the time between Christmas and New Year. You're entitled to free eye tests, life assurance, childcare vouchers and may qualify for their Cycle to Work scheme. Fresh fruit and breakfast are provided daily. Training and development, where appropriate, will also be provided.