Creative Strategist/Design Researcher
Creative Strategist/Design Researcher / London / £30k-£35k / Permanent
Skills: Design Research, Design strategy, User research, Product, Transport, Packaging, FMCG, Engineering, Digital, Ethnography, Workshops, Anthropology
An award-winning Product Design Consultancy based in London is looking to hire a Creative Strategist/Design Researcher. This is a well establish and industry leading studio with an enviable portfolio across the design and development of solutions in sectors such as Medical, FMCG, Consumer Products and Transport. They need a talented design researcher or creative strategist who possesses strong customer affinity and user empathy, thrives on working in multi-disciplinary teams and has a passion for field / ethnographic research, data analysis and insights translation. The individual will take a vital role in the research and strategy team, and will work closely with other design researchers, strategists, ergonomists, designers and engineers.
THE CREATIVE STRATEGIST/DESIGN RESEARCHER JOB
- Involved in the designing and planning of research projects from conception to execution.
- Conduct requirements gathering tasks such as stakeholder interviews, observations, contextual inquiries, user interviews, workshops, and other methods.
- Work on research projects from front end strategic planning work to detailed validation exercises.
- Translate data into insights, frameworks and expressions of human needs.
- Help create compelling presentations and design/product recommendations.
- Develop and experiment with new research methods
- Spend time travelling.
- Experience of applying qualitative design research methodologies on live client projects.
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently and across disciplines on multiple projects.
- Passion for user experience, and an advocate for the user.
- Personable/ able to relax clients/consumers and get the most from a field visit.
- Flexible working style with the ability to work both independently and as a team member.
ABOUT THE CREATIVE STRATEGIST/DESIGN RESEARCHER
- At least 2+ years' experience conducting research within a product development context.
- Degree or equivalent in design research, design strategy, design, human factors, cognitive science, usability, anthropology, engineering, or equivalent field.
- A natural story teller with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Can demonstrate experience with project examples.
- Good understanding of trend and how they will affect the final concept.