DESIGN HEAD (Creative Head)
BBC Creative is the BBC's in-house creative agency. Launched in January 2016, the ambition is simple: to be the best in the world at what we do, for the world's best broadcaster. Under the creative leadership of Aidan McClure and Laurent Simon, the team produce and deliver work to support all the BBC's brands and platforms. Their aim is to show audiences the vast range of BBC programmes and services available to them through creative and engaging marketing materials such as trails, idents and graphics. To see some of their work go to http://www.bbccreative.co.uk/
BBC Creative is looking for an experienced designer with leadership potential to join the award winning agency and lead an evolving design team.
The creative leader in this role will be responsible for -
- Creatively overseeing all Design output, striving for excellence on every project
- Leading and inspiring a multidisciplinary team of Designers at various levels of experience and seniority
- Driving the highest professional standards in Design
- Building and mentoring a team of Designers capable of delivering outstanding design solutions for our most complex projects, working with partners / specialist freelancers as required
The Ideal Candidate
Our new Creative Head must bring to the role -
- CREATIVITY - To have proven credentials in creating bold and original design
- LEADERSHIP - To have specific experience of managing / mentoring Designers, and the potential to be an outstanding leader
- PRODUCTION - To have a fundamental understanding of broadcast design, branding, and off-air design conventions and processes, with a good knowledge of key software (such as Adobe Creative Suite and Cinema 4D)
- COMMUNICATION - To have good influencing/persuading skills and be confident working with senior stakeholders. To be able to communicate effectively with a disparate range of creative and production colleagues
Please provide a link to show us a selection of your work.