A successful construction consultancy who work across a variety of sectors are looking for a hardworking, bright and confident bid manager to join their busy London office.
Reporting into the marketing manager and ultimately, the directors/partners. The bid manager will be responsible for:
- Managing the bid process from inception to completion - coordinating all activity, monitoring progress, ensuring regular internal meetings held and making sure deadlines are met
- Working with directors across the business (nationwide) to produce winning first and second stage bids
- Daily OJEU and portal searching to identify relevant opportunities
- Ensuring bid collateral is up to date including project sheets and CVs
- Managing an internal bid text library
- Ensuring bids are technically compliant as well as presented well.
- Ensuring feedback is gained
- Supporting the marketing manager as needed
- Compile client presentations
- Production of marketing material including capability statements / brochures
- Assist directors with ad-hoc duties as required
- Assist in the management of LinkedIn, twitter, Instagram etc. The consultancy is looking to improve their media presence so there is definitely scope to develop this element of the role.
- Collating industry knowledge and reporting back to the directors
- Managing an assistant (i.e. business development coordinator) and coordinate workload, if/when appointed in the future
Skills and Experience
- Writing and editing
- Similar bid management or coordination within a construction environment
- Coordinating multiple bids at any one time
- Monitoring/searching opportunities and OJEUs
- A full range of bid documentation including PQQs, EOI's and ITT
- Adobe InDesign
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written communication skills
- Highly organised with strong time management
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Confident and approachable
The ideal candidate has a pro-active approach to generating new ideas for effective communication, flexibility and the ability to multi-task. This role offers the potential for growth and development within the role.