Junior Product Designer
Junior Product Designer / London / £23k - £25k / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Domestic Appliance, Consumer Appliance, Kitchen Appliance, Audio, Heating, Consumer Products, Bathroom and Kitchen, UX/UI.
We are currently working on an exciting opportunity for a talented and self-motivated Junior Product Designer to join a multi-disciplinary in-house design team based in London. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work across a wide variety of markets, including domestic appliance, kitchen appliance, consumer products and audio, supporting and taking ownership of the design and development of products for the wide variety of brands within this group. You will work alongside the wider product development team to design and deliver compelling, high quality products, from conception through to market so a candidate who has a clear understanding of manufacturing processes and techniques is advantageous.
THE JUNIOR PRODUCT DESIGN ROLE
- Plan and execute design projects based on given briefs and schedules.
- Communicate with internal and external functions in relation to the projects.
- Take ownership of your own projects under the guidance of the design managers, who will help support and mentor you to develop your skills and talents further.
- To bring fresh and innovative ideas at each phase of design development.
- Able to communicate with other disciplines within the design studio and other business functions for appropriate execution of the projects.
- Take a leading role in product design projects with a clear focus on consumer and domestic appliance projects.
- To handle the conceptualisation and development of new product design.
- Deliver the project on time and budget.
- Ensure the results satisfy the given briefs in aspects of form, aesthetics, physical and psychological interfaces between users and products.
- Determine appropriate materials, mechanism, construction, colour, surface finishes.
- Ensure the 'look and feel' of the design solutions satisfy the identity guidelines.
ABOUT THE JUNIOR PRODUCT DESIGNER
- A good degree in Industrial design or Product design.
- Excellent sketching and visualisation abilities.
- Good sense of design process, from concept through to manufacture, with awareness of technical constraints.
- Experience of Solidworks, Adobe CS and Keyshot.
- Experience developing User Interface would also be a distinct advantage.