Senior Innovation Manager
About our Client
A privately-owned business with a dynamic growth agenda.
Their principle businesses are in Home Baking and Savoury, owning a range of their own brand as well as developing partnerships businesses and brands within both categories.
They are a consumer and customer focused partnership business working to deliver excellent service as standard. Truly values led, seeking to learn every day to make the business better tomorrow. They are an ambitious and driven team who love working with people and businesses that share their passion for excellence and innovation.
Innovation is a key focus for the business and forms the backbone of company growth for the coming years with an ambitious and challenging innovation agenda. We are looking for an exceptional Senior Innovation Manager to join the team who will be responsible for managing the end to end process of Innovation & Renovation projects from project ideation through to launch.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Innovation, you will champion the exciting brands within the portfolio and transform compelling insights into winning innovation with an entrepreneurial flair. This role is pivotal in the development and delivery of a 5-year pipeline across the UK and International markets. They are looking for a creative and passionate candidate with solid business acumen and project management excellence to deliver their vision. A creative problem solver, nothing will stand in your way when delivering exciting innovation that will win the hearts and minds of consumers.
- Concept Development & Project Management
- Identify strong consumer insights and subsequently develop compelling product concepts with support from you Marketing colleagues
- Lead, manage and inspire cross functional project teams to deliver successful NPD on time and to budget through the Stage & Gate process.
- Use appropriate research to test and benchmark products throughout the development process.
- Develop suitable packaging solutions for launch in conjunction with the NPD Buyer/Procurement team to ensure products meet consumer and shopper expectations.
- Develop sound retailer sell in proposals in conjunction with Sales and Marketing; presenting innovation opportunities to all key retail customers.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships across the business including Operations, Technical, Sales, Procurement and Finance.
- Support the Marketing team in developing a strong launch plan.
- Champion product launches internally
- From the outset, own the P&L and address commercial hurdles for each of your projects to include robust product costings, clear commercial and brand recommendations with the Commercial Finance Business Partner
- Set challenging KPI's for your project teams and secure full stakeholder alignment to these goals as well as effective tracking of performance against them
- Work closely with the Sales team to ensure accurate forecasts are submitted into the planning process and updated monthly.
- Proven track record in the world of FMCG with the ability to demonstrate examples of successfully bringing new products and brand extensions to market through end to end delivery.
- A strong team player who gets their energy from excelling in project management coupled with creativity
- Resilience together with emotional intelligence to build, develop and maintain collaborative and powerful cross functional relationships internally and with licensors/suppliers to deliver high profile, profitable innovation.
- A strategic, creative mind-set determined to find ever better ways of bringing new products to market
- Insatiable curiosity for understanding consumers and shoppers and the world they exist in, with evidence in applying this to drive brand and business growth.
- Confidence in challenging existing thinking and beliefs about innovation, consumers, shoppers and brands
- Line Management experience is essential
- 5-7 years FMCG experience
- Passionate about food
** Please note that due to the high number of applicants we receive, we may not be able to respond to every application. If you don't hear back from us within 3 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to visit our website and register for job alerts as new opportunities arise on a daily basis.**