Furniture Design Manager
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Product Development Manager to join this design led luxury interiors brand. The brand has a reputation for creating furniture and accessories of the very finest in British design and craftmanship.
In this role you will be involved in conceiving, developing and delivering collections that are unique in their aesthetic and produced through manufacturers and makers who are masters of their trade. The business is a blend of both retail and bespoke commissions and also includes an Interior Design service. The position is to develop collections for the retail offer but in turn will cross over and influence the shape of the business in its entirety.
Key Responsibilities also include:
- Assisting in the development of the companys creative strategy
- Creating and delivering detailed product briefs for the team of designers
- Creating and managing detailed product Range Plans
- Managing the departments development budget
- Managing a complex supply chain
- Negotiating costs against new product development together with regular reviews of current collections
- Work cross functionally with the Merchandising and Marketing teams
- Managing and developing the Product Development Assistant
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a genuine passion and working knowledge of the luxury interiors market and possess the technical, creative and commercial skills to develop exquisitely produced collections that continue to set this brand aside and drive its business forward.
Summary of experience and skills required:
- A sound technical grounding of furniture and upholstery manufacturing
- The ability to conceive, manage and implement directional product briefs with a wide ranging and complex supply base
- A solid track record of developing lifestyle accessories
- Exceptional technical knowledge of furniture and lifestyle product manufacturing and manufacturing techniques
- Able to build solid and sustainable business relations with new and existing partners
- Personable and approachable with supportive management skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Be prepared to travel both in the UK and worldwide and hold a full driving licence