Senior Creative Strategist
My client is successful innovation, strategy and design agency with offices in London, Singapore and Chicago. They are currently recruiting for an experienced Creative Strategist to join the Team. The Creative Strategist will work within the Innovation team across a variety of clients, categories, communication touch points and channels to create and articulate innovation strategy and design. This role contributes to brand, business and consumer insight gathering activities and processes. You will participate in creative sessions with clients and consumers; synthesising findings to create concepts built on key insights. You will utilise your design skills to make strategy and innovation presentations visually compelling and easily digestible.
As a Creative Strategist you are expected to continue to build knowledge in your field, keeping informed on shifts in contemporary culture; being brand aware - noticing strategy and innovation in action. You will develop and share your interest in current or past trends in relevant topics such as design, architecture, fashion, photography, food, cosmetics, retailing, consumer behaviour, advertising, sociology, mass culture, technology, media, etc.
You will be responsible for creating and designing solutions to support brand and innovation strategies. Although usually for clients, this may also be for internal and new business projects. You will present and defend your work to your project team and clients, ensuring that it is presented beautifully and within the company's brand guidelines at all times. Your workload will be self-directed with consultation and input from the senior members of the Innovation and Strategy teams.
Job Skills and Requirements
• Strong ability to communicate with all stakeholders in a professional, friendly and articulate manner; being able to question and contribute fresh thinking
• Written communication is professional, friendly, concise and mistake-free
• Passion for design, research and insights, with a creative instinctual ability
• Understanding of the design and visualization processes and terminology, with an understanding of design codes
• Experience communicating strategies through written word; experience using semantics and visual tool kits helpful
• Exposure to structural and graphic packaging design and branding
• Ability to analyse, ideate, brainstorm and problem solve, with exposure to diagnosing issues, developing insights and identifying solutions to client challenges
• Ability to plan, prioritize and perform multiple tasks in time critical situations
• Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
• Ability to manage up and seek assistance when appropriate
• Highly self-motivated, resourceful and detail-oriented
• Comfortable working within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing/Communication, Design or a related field
• 2-3 years experience preferably in a design/brand strategy or related field; experience as a designer is desired
• Experience with a variety of research and strategy tools and methods; understanding strengths and weaknesses is a plus
• Experience observing, preparing for and working with qualitative consumer research
• Ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary, collaborative team environment
• Ability to build rapport with other team members
• Exposure to strategy development for brands and/or trend forecasting a plus
• Computer literacy, including familiarity with Apple Mac laptop and time management software; fluency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Keynote
• Exposure to design software, especially Adobe Creative Cloud, Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign preferred
Joining the team you can expect to be competitively rewarded for your hard work. You will be entitled to a wide range of benefits to support your needs and lifestyle.
If you think you've got what it takes and you're a person with a passionate, enthusiastic, ‘can do' attitude then please submit your CV with your application, stating salary expectations.