We are the global market leader in dance fashion, operating in an international niche market which is best characterised by creativity, passion and fun with an entrepreneurial and commercial approach. Operating from our head office in South London and with sister companies in Tokyo and Shanghai we are keen to further drive forward our international brand presence and sales volumes.
We are looking for a passionate, entrepreneurial, motivated person, who can lead our marketing team from the front, manage, drive and further develop all marketing activities and make an impact with brand penetration and sales results. The role combines the leadership and development of the marketing team with hands on involvement with implementation and delivery.
- Your overall objective is to deliver the implementation of the marketing strategy and plan as developed with the board of directors
- You will have direct managerial responsibility for the marketing team (employed and freelance) and provide guidance, leadership and inspiration
- You will have full budgetary responsibility for all marketing spend (£400k-£500k pa) and manage resources for maximum efficiency
- You will have full responsibility for delivering all planned marketing activities on time and to budget, e.g. print catalogues, national and international exhibitions and events, email campaigns, the Chrisanne Clover Club Program, the Global Partner Program, new product launches, social media campaigns, management of the website, management of sampling, etc
- You will further develop global brand leverage, exploiting its medium to long term potential to a point whereby it is powerful enough to carry market penetration, market development, product extension and ultimately diversification strategies
- You will closely work with other members of the management team to coordinate activities to maximise revenue and net profit
- You will closely work with the team in Tokyo and Shanghai as well as with selected Global Partners to coordinate our international marketing activities and brand presence
- You will closely work with directors and other managers to creatively develop new initiatives in line with our growth objectives
- You will conduct ongoing cost-benefit analysis of all major activities and spend to streamline for maximum efficiency; using business analysis tools to monitor, refine, and continually improve the correlation between tactical marketing and tangible sales/profit results
- As a member of the Management Team you will take an active interest in continuously improving all aspects of our business
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of managing a team, managing resources and delivering a wide range of marketing activities in a dynamic, creative environment, marketing to businesses as well as consumers.
- Comfortable to operate successfully in the working culture of an entrepreneurial, flexible, fast moving SME
- Combining passion and creativity with a drive for commercial success
- A relationship builder with proven people management skills & interpersonal skills. Your ability as an excellent communicator will be central to your success.
- Able to easily adapt to different national cultures
- Passionate, with a skill for translating enthusiasm for our products to our clients across various markets and regions and achieving tangible sales results for the business.
- Planned and organised when it comes to delivering outcomes
- Hungry, driving for results
- At least 2 years' experience as a Marketing Manager/Team leader in a results-driven role
- Degree in Marketing would be an advantage as would CIM qualification
- Good understanding of financial data and the impact of marketing on financial performance
- Proven track record in brand management and driving sales growth
- Strong leadership skills: Quick thinking, Assertive, and forthright
- Open minded and flexible attitude
- Strategic business analysis - Skill set in using data to optimise business development
- Proven experience of developing people and teams
- Some connection to dance helpful but not required
- …and finally, high ability to enjoy success at work and having some fun!
- Salary mid-40k OTE, including a profit related bonus
- 20 days per annum holiday increasing to up to 25 days with length of service
To apply for this role, please click the Apply button.