Speciality Drinks Group
We're looking for a Web Developer with a flair for b2c e-commerce who shares our passion for excellence and innovation. In return we can offer an exciting, varied environment with the opportunity to be at the heart of creating a world-leading drinks business.
Working closely with the in-house Technical and Creative teams, you will develop inspirational, user-centred, rich, interactive web applications for the different business areas across the Speciality Drinks Group.
Speciality Drinks Group - a world-renowned international spirits company
Founded in 1999, we were one of the first multi-channel, multi-market global drinks distributors and remain leaders in our field. Our retail arm The Whisky Exchange operates a multi-award-winning website selling over 5000 whiskies, spirits, liqueurs and Champagnes to over 65 countries around the world. We also have a flagship store in Covent Garden. We have a division that creates brands and distributes them around the world; another division that wholesales to the finest bars, restaurants and hotels; we boast an industry-leading auction site; we have an online magazine devoted to Scotch whisky; and we organise the UK's leading whisky show. We pride ourselves on our imagination, creativity and ability to source and sell fantastic spirits from across the globe.
- Develop HTML prototype for web applications
- Contribute to the company development standards working closely with the Head of Development
- 3 years commercial experience as C# Web Developer
- Microsoft Certified C# and MVC Web Application Developer
Essential Technical Skills
- C# and .Net framework (at least 3 years of commercial experience)
- Asp.Net MVC (C#) (at least 2 years of commercial experience)
- Asp.Net Web API (C#)
- Source control (TFS)
- Umbraco or similar ASP.Net CMS
- JIRA or similar project management system
Essential Personal Skills
- Consistently produce a high quality work
- Attention to details
- Ability to meet tight deadlines to complete tasks on time
- Display a positive attitude, a great work ethic and willingness to see projects through to completion
- Highly self-motivated team player.
- Quick learner.
- Able to work independently and with direction as part of a team
- Good presentation skills both verbal and written.
- Maintaining a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate, with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market and position yourself and the company as a digital specialist
Desired Skills / Education
- Qualified to degree level
- Asp.Net Web Forms
- Experience with SEO technologies
- Email Marketing Integration with MailJet, MailChip or similar company
Please click the Apply button to send your application with CV and cover letter by Wednesday 28th February.