UK's largest independent research consultancy is looking for a Junior Designer to join their marketing and business solutions team in Holborn.
What is the job about?
Join a happy team responsible for communicating the agency's work and potential to the agency's clients and prospects. This is a new role in their expanding Business Services team, reporting to their Design Manager.
At its heart, this role is about making the company's communication even better improving further their visual and multimedia communication.
The agency clients, predominantly in B2C service sectors, often have to communicate complex research and strategic recommendations to time-poor internal clients. Illustrations, infographics, graphic animation and video, on anything from smartphones to large screens, can all help their job. A clear, strong narrative is critical in adding value to their research investment. Any design must be credible, clear and engaging.
Tier 1 Responsibilities
- Production of bespoke graphics and material in quick turnaround times, enhancing proposals, credentials presentations and client reports (mostly PowerPoint) with infographics, motion graphics and illustration
- Creation and design of marketing documents: PDF, print, online attachments, social and email
- Video and audio editing
Tier 2 Responsibilities
- Play a role in updating the company's brand guidelines and enhancing their reporting and marketing templates. This needs to be a process of continuous improvement.
- Communicate, share and encourage new approaches and best practice around the business, using the best tools for the job.
- Help to liaise with external providers e.g. video studios
Skills & Attributes
The successful candidate is likely to be a graduate with a strong degree from a reputable academic institution and appropriate design qualifications.
You must have the following attributes:
•Creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense
•An interest in graphics and typography
•Strong Mac skills. Experienced with InDesign, Illustrator and/or Photoshop
•Experience of video editing and HTML would be advantageous
•Well organised, efficient and can work to deadlines under pressure.
•Experienced user of Microsoft Office programs (including Powerpoint)
•A solid understanding of brands and the branding process
•Passionate about great design and helping others understand its principles
•Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with others, with excellent communication skills
Salary & benefits
The salary will be competitive. You may benefit from optional discounted private health insurance, discounted gym membership and interest-free travel loan or cycle to work scheme. There, is of course, a contributory pension. In addition, the company has an active company social life - summer day out, Christmas party, skating trips and even visits to galleries. It's generally acknowledged as being a great place to work!