We are looking for a Junior Art Director/ Graphic Designer to join our team on a full time basis, working closely alongside our Creative Director and design team and reporting into senior management. You will be responsible for the concepting and execution of visual communications for seasonal campaigns, look books and printed materials/ magazines, brand collaborations, catwalk shows and events.
Jonny Lu Studio is a multi-disciplinary creative direction practice working with international luxury, fashion and cultural clients across all media including brand identity, packaging, print and digital design, film-making, and web development. Clients include: Diane von Furstenberg, Givenchy, Ivy Park, Joseph, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs and Victoria Beckham among others. The studio also undertakes the role of Creative Direction for BEAT Magazine and also works closely with international conservation charity World Land Trust.
- Helping create concepts for campaigns and photo shoots, including in depth image research and creative ideation
- Helping produce above and below the line advertising layout ideas and formalizing these into final asset guidelines and artwork for clients, under instruction
- Overseeing image post-production including re-touch mark-ups and comments and carrying out photo retouching
- Overseeing moving image post-production
- Working on a range of other seasonal brand creative projects including physical, digital and moving image - from initial ideation through to delivery
- Preparing clear and well structured presentations for internal and external use
- Concepting and design brand identities including logotypes, colour and material palettes, packaging and various collateral
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience and strong portfolio which demonstrates a strong eye for design and art direction.
- 2-3 years studio/agency experience within luxury fashion and design
- Strong graphic design, InDesign and Photoshop skills
- In depth knowledge of photography and print.
- A solid understanding of printing techniques and print production. Experienced in liaising with third parties to source and produce various collateral, providing quality control and investigating news ideas.
- Strong interest in the fashion
- Great eye for detail and understanding of imagery, composition and design
- Excellent researcher
- Strong organization skills and time management on own projects from start to finish
- Conscientious, hard working and ambitious
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of After Effects/Final Cut Pro and film making
- Ability to work well in a team and take direction well