Head of National Events
Head of National Events working for the RSPCA, based in Horsham, West Sussex.
Details about the Client
The RSPCA is the UK's largest animal welfare charity operating in England and Wales. We promote animal welfare and we've been here, looking out for animals, since 1824.
Everyday, with the help of our people and our generous supporters, we take steps to achieve our mission. From rescuing a stranded deer to changing the law, we've already achieved so much and come so far.
It's our vision to live in a world where all animals are respected and treated with compassion. And that is what we work towards everyday.
Detailed Job Description
The RSPCA are currently going through an exciting time and are looking for a Head of National Events to join the charity.
You will be responsible for leading and developing a new events department and dramatically increase the current events portfolio, in order to increase income.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Manage and inspire the Event Team
- Create, implement and manage a portfolio of events which promote, engage and increase public involvement
- To raise awareness of the work of the RSPCA and create prospecting opportunities which supports growth and diversification across the society
- Research, devise, implement, monitor and report on a Society wide event strategy and budget that will significantly increase the number and variety of RSPCA's fundraising events
- Act as the lead on all events within the organisation increasing RSPCA presence at high profile sporting challenges such as the London Marathon, the Great North Run, the Great South Run etc
- Developing high profile prestige events which can be used for major income generation
- Develop and implement a plan to promote and increase public involvement in Fundraising 'in aid of' the Society through a variety of mediums
- Devise and implement, through the Events Team, a programme of on-going fundraising support
- Work in collaboration with the Press Office, ensuring that a programme of PR and communication is in place that promotes and supports the events fundraising programme
We are looking for the Head of Events to demonstrate strong experience within a Marketing/Sales and Charity Events department along with the ability to create successful events.
You will have a successful background in planning and managing profitable fundraising events and extensive knowledge of a wide range of events including mass participation and challenger events.
You will also be a strong leader with experience of managing events teams.
What's on offer
£36,403 + £5,000 car allowance + benefits
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
To apply for this role, please click the Apply button.
Ref Code: MPMI13853088Z