At DESIGN102, we're on a mission to bring the benefits of great design to the public sector.We have a brilliant opportunity for a highly motivated Creative Artworker to join a busy and ambitious team, working in a unique environment on stimulating accounts that often make a difference to people's lives.
You will be responsible for preparing artwork across a range of design projects, providing services across government. You'll already have a good knowledge of design principles and will be able to work to brand guidelines and specific briefs, ensuring that production deadlines are met and that the client services team are updated of project progress along the way.
Main responsibilities will include:
• Editing and preparing artwork across a range of print and digital design projects that meet the relevant brand guidelines
• Developing and adding to designs and artwork under the direction of designers
• Rolling-out pre-existing designs and concepts across multiple sizes and formats as well as making text and imagery amends
• Typesetting substantial publications
• Ensuring all artwork produced meets client needs, schedule and budget
• Having a keen eye for detail when under pressures with deadlines
• Working fast and confidently to agreed schedules with Adobe CC on Mac
• Working closely with clients across Government to understand their requirements
• Working with a wide range of media including photography and digital
• Managing multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail and deadlines
• Working with designers to visually perfect their concepts
• Discussing work schedules and status knowledgeably and confidently
• Providing skilled and technically precise input and support
• Keeping up to date with the latest artwork and repro techniques and
Experience and Personal Skills:
• Degree or qualification in a design related subject is preferred or equivalent practical on the job experience
• Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop; and the latest PDF technologies
• Extremely strong portfolio which demonstrates proficiency across a range of platforms
• An in depth understanding of printing production, formats and finishing
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels
• Excellent attention to detail with a keen eye for spelling and grammar, layout and typography
• Proven commercial experience in a similar role
• Ability to multi-task and consistently hit deadlines
• Highly self-motivated with a polite, friendly and diplomatic manner
• Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office and HTML an advantage
• An interest in current affairs
All candidates are required to provide a portfolio of their work. This can either be a link to an online portfolio or website. Or alternatively a pdf of the portfolio can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must apply via the MoJ recruitment portal to be considered.
To apply for this vacancy please click the Apply button.
Closing date for receipt of applications is: 23 October 2017 at 23:55pm