Senior Digital / UI Designer
Reputable, established and loved publications retailer is entering a rapid and exciting stage of expansion and therefore looking for a dynamic mid-senior designer to lead the creative output.
Our client is looking for a genuinely bold and fearless creative thinker to develop their visual identity across all digital platforms. You will be prepared to push their ambitions to the next level, delivering solutions that will challenge the usual rigours of ecommerce. The successful candidate will be holistically involved in all customer-facing aspects of the brands design, from marketing emails and website graphics through to visual elements of their social media programme.
- Develop a strong and consistent visual identity for all digital platforms, leading a project to redefine how to sell books online aesthetically.
- The design and creation of website graphics, optimised for both desktop and mobile.
- Design marketing emails.
- Support the content team in webpage layouts.
- Support the social team with relevant assets.
- Photograph products and settings to highlight books and bookselling in the most desirable fashion.
- Help support the content team in developing marketing strategies around key titles and themes.
Skills and Experience
- Proven creative lead experience with strategic skills and line management experience.
- Excellent commercial, analytical and leadership skills.
- Proven experience in the creation of web-graphics, photography and email marketing is essential.
- Illustration skills are also very desirable.
- Experience in the layout of webpages with a global view of presentation values.
- Fundamental understanding of design principles, with a strong knowledge and love for typography
- In-depth knowledge of relevant software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign.
- Excited about design - Switched on and passionate about all things creative with a customer-focused approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience of presenting design strategies to key stake-holders.
- A high level of attention for detail.
- A willingness to innovate and explore new ideas with in-depth industry knowledge to inform the team on trends.
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Ability to constructively challenge
- Integrity and Drive
- Willingness to share expertise and mentor others
- The ideal candidate will have a genuine love and respect for the printed book and be inspired to market books and related products to a digital environment.