Category Manager - Top 4 Retailer Account
Are you looking for your next career step on the Category Management ladder and looking to work towards a Senior Category Management position? If the answer is yes, then this could be the opportunity for you.
My client is a manufacturer of many recognisable brands that you will be familiar with as a consumer. With an emphasis on NPD and quality, they are proud of their products and the growth that they have seen in the categories in which they operate.
We are now looking to strengthen their existing team with the addition of Category Manager to look after their leading top 4 Grocery account. It's a hands-on Category role that will offer the right individual the opportunity to develop their career.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reporting directly to the Category Controller, you will work cross functionally with the NPD and commercial teams drive growth within your account.
- Develop and influence the category agenda and strategy within your retailer.
- Create compelling recommendations for range reviews and drive actionable trade plans.
- Management of the data and insights to keep abreast of key trends and feed these back to the business.
- Build rapport and trust with your retailer and confidently present your findings and strategy.
Key skills checklist:
- Ideally 2 - 5 years Category experience within FMCG and knowledge of the UK Grocery landscape.
- Educated to degree level or the equivalent.
- A demonstrable track record of success within a retailer account.
- Highly analytical and numerate.
- Experience of analysing data from Kantar, IRI and Nielsen and able to identify trends, present your conclusions and make recommendations towards the growth of the category.
- A strong relationship builder both internally and externally.
- The ability to influence others cross functionally.
- Excellent time management skills.
If you are interested in a further discussion about the role, please contact Andrea Forton: email@example.com
The Tarsh Partnership is committed to finding the right roles for talented candidates. We are a leading name in marketing recruitment with extensive marketing recruitment experience working with brand management, communications, category management and insight/research specialists. If you would like to discuss this role, or any other roles that might be suitable, please e-mail or call Andrea Forton now.