PR & Partnerships Manager
When most people think of Fender® guitars and amplifiers, they think of our rich history and legacy, after all the Spirit of Rock & Roll is our company motto. For us at Fender® it's all about the future. We need to work hard today to MAKE HISTORY tomorrow.
As the world's leading guitar manufacturer, Fender Musical Instruments Corporation "FMIC" has become synonymous with all things rock 'n' roll. Our iconic instruments such as the Telecaster, Stratocaster, Precision Bass & Jazz Bass guitars are known worldwide as the instruments that started the rock revolution and they continue to be highly prized by today.
It is our vision to continue championing THE SPIRIT OF ROCK-N-ROLL® throughout the world and our mission is to exceed the expectations of music enthusiasts worldwide.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BECOME PART OF OUR FUTURE LEGACY?
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly talented individual to join one of the world's greatest music brands as a PR & Partnerships Manager based at our EMEA HQ in East Grinstead, UK.
In the role of PR & Partnerships Manager, you will be responsible for driving Fender's communications plans in the EMEA market. This role will own all relationships with musical instruments (MI) media across the region, as well as drive communications plans to a broader media landscape in the UK. The PR & Partnerships Manager will also help Fender to develop a partnerships strategy that will help us align with brands with strategic synergies, and maximise our communications opportunities in a competitive marketplace.
To be successful in this role you will be degree educated with strong experience in public relations and a proven record of delivering successful PR campaigns. You will have outstanding communication skills with the ability to build excellent working relationships with media partners. The primary responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics for key Fender product launches
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Coordinate all public relations activities across the EMEA region:
o Musical Instruments, music, consumer, tech & lifestyle media in the UK
o Musical Instruments media in the wider region
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Monitor, analyse and communicate PR results on a monthly basis
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
- PR Agency management in the UK
- Liaise with artist relations on talent pitching, comms asks and execution management
- Drive partnership opportunities for Fender with relevant brands, to help Fender extend its communications footprint, reach new audiences and meet its strategic objectives
- Work closely with the other key marketing functions (digital marketing, retail marketing & event management) to ensure that the PR & Partnerships strategy supports - and is supported by - the wider Fender marketing plan
- Ad-hoc projects at the request of the European Marketing Director
This is an indication of the main responsibilities of the role and the Company reserves the right to amend the content of the role at its discretion.
- Proven experience in public relations
- Degree educated (or equivalent)
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns in the UK
- Strong relationships UK consumer & lifestyle media
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Good organisation and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Strong IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Good negotiation skills
- Finger on the pulse of news, current affairs and social trends
- Flexible and proactive approach
- Deadline-driven & results focused
- Ability to develop and maintain effective, positive working relationships internally and externally
- Self motivated with a can-do attitude and positive outlook
- European languages a STRONG advantage (French & Spanish in particular)
- Knowledge of other Microsoft Software Programs and Adobe Photo Shop or similar design/graphic software.
- An understanding of the EMEA Music Industry
- An understanding of the EMEA Musical Instrument Industry
- Knowledge of the Fender brand and products