Retail Marketing Coordinator
As the world's leading guitar manufacturer, Fender Musical Instruments Corporation "FMIC" has become synonymous with all things rock 'n' roll. Our iconic instruments such as the Telecaster, Stratocaster, Precision Bass & Jazz Bass guitars are known worldwide as the instruments that started the rock revolution and they continue to be highly prized by today.
It is our vision to continue championing THE SPIRIT OF ROCK-N-ROLL® throughout the world and our mission is to exceed the expectations of music enthusiasts worldwide.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BECOME PART OF OUR FUTURE LEGACY?
We have two exciting opportunities for highly talented individuals to join one of the world's greatest music brands as a Retail Marketing Coordinator based at our EMEA HQ in East Grinstead, UK.
In the role of Retail Marketing Coordinator, you will be responsible for supporting the execution of Fender's retail marketing strategy in the EMEA region. Supporting the Retail Marketing Manager, the role will be a driving force behind Fender's retail marketing initiatives in Europe.
To be successful in this role you will have proven experience within retail marketing. You will be a strong communicator with a passion for music and a flexible can-do attitude. A European language is essential for this role (German, French or Spanish preferred). The primary responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Support the development and execution of Fender's in-store and online retail support & visual merchandising strategy
• Be connected to the Fender retail network in the EMEA region and work with relevant stakeholders to ensure that the market needs are shared and understood
• Support a calendar of retail events for the EMEA region, and work with relevant team members to ensure they are effectively delivered
• Work with retailers to develop co-operative marketing plans that support and complement Fender's owned campaigns and initiatives both online and offline
• Champion Fender Academy to relevant retail partners, and work with key stakeholders to deliver excellent compliance throughout EMEA
• Work closely with the Fender Academy team based in the US to ensure EMEA market dynamics are understood & accommodated, so that Fender Academy content remains relevant and engaging to the Fender EMEA retail network
• This role will require regular travel throughout the EMEA region
• Work closely with the other key marketing functions (PR, Digital Marketing & Event Management) to ensure that the retail strategy supports - and is supported by - the wider Fender marketing plan
• Ad-hoc projects as directed by the Retail Marketing Manager
• European language skills (German / French / Spanish in particular)
• Experience within a retail marketing environment (min. 1 year)
• Degree educated (or equivalent)
• Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
• Good understanding of the EMEA retail market (experience of the MI market a plus)
• Strong organisation and ability to manage competing priorities
• Good negotiation skills
• Strong IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
• Finger on the pulse of music, news, current affairs and social trends
• An innovator, with a passion for learning
• Flexible and proactive approach
• Deadline-driven & results focused
• Ability to develop and maintain effective, positive working relationships internally and externally
• Self motivated with a can-do attitude and positive outlook
• Understanding of the musical instruments retail landscape across the EMEA region
• Knowledge of other Microsoft Software Programs and Adobe Photo Shop or similar design/graphic software
• An understanding of the EMEA Music Industry
• Knowledge of Fender brands