This is a Southampton, UK based role for a growing and vibrant creative agency. We are quick to recognize talent and keen to nurture it and develop it, as such, your career will go as far as your ambitions take you.
The Role and You
First and foremost, our Design Director is a creative thinker and problem solver. Their role is to maximise the creative output on all projects and to maintain the high level of quality from our creative output. You must have the ability to look beyond the brief, to seek out creative opportunities and produce designs that enhance our solution beyond expectation.
As we are a digital design agency, you must have experience running digital teams and a proven track record helping to develop strong client relationships. Through your direction, you will guide and inspire designers, UX specialists, animators and developers. You will be an excellent listener, great communicator and have strong sense of personal responsibility for the work you and the team produce.
You will have a relevant design degree, an award-winning portfolio that demonstrates your ability to think intellectually about design problems and clearly demonstrates your ability to flex an idea across the different digital channels of a brand.
Objectives - External
- Produce inspiring presentations and design work for clients
- Present design work to clients, develop trusted relationships, expand project scope and identify new opportunities
- Lead pitch teams and pitch presentations
- Support complex high value projects, demonstrating creativity, intelligence, strategic thinking, and effectiveness
- Develop strong, long-term relationships with clients and a clear understanding of their business and industry
- Raise the Company's profile through involvement with colleges, the media, industry bodies and award schemes
Objectives - Internal
- Help implement the Company's strategy
- Identify development opportunities for the digital team and help to grow the talent pool
- Ensure the continuous professional development and wellbeing of the design team members
- Develop/challenge/understand briefs as well as the client's business and goals
- Production and direction of original, appropriate and highly creative work
- Create award winning projects
- Have an in-depth knowledge of what is possible with existing and emerging digital platforms and devices
- A good leader
- Remain calm under pressure
- Be inquisitive, ask questions, continue to learn
- Can communicate effectively, both verbally and visually
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to direct and produce work of the highest standards
- Be excited by the new opportunities with typography, moving image and responsive layouts
- Design highly usable digital interfaces, focused on user experience
- Create user flows, sitemaps and other wireframes to inform your design
- Annotate complex interactions and develop interactive prototypes
- Have a strong knowledge of 3rd party expertise such as illustrators, typographers, photographers and proactively share new 'finds' across the consultancy
- Working closely with the team and other departments like content, production and strategy to produce the best possible work
- Keep abreast of what is happening in the design industry and share those findings with the wider team
- Have a clear understanding of the other disciplines within the Company from Project Management to Production
To apply for this role, please click the Apply button.
Apply for Design Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly