CRM Marketing Assistant
Job Title: CRM Marketing Assistant (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Responsible To: Senior CRM Marketing Manager
The National Theatre
The National Theatre is dedicated to making the very best theatre and sharing it with as many people as possible.
We stage up to 30 productions at our South Bank home each year, ranging from re-imagined classics - such as Greek tragedy and Shakespeare - to modern masterpieces and new work by contemporary writers and theatre-makers. The work we make strives to be as open, as diverse, as collaborative and as national as possible. We want to inspire artists and audiences to think in new ways, to constantly re-imagine the act of making theatre. Much of that new work is researched and developed at the NT Studio: we are committed to nurturing innovative work from new writers, directors, creative artists and performers.
The National's work is also seen on tour throughout the UK and internationally, and in collaborations and co-productions with regional theatres. Popular shows transfer to the West End and occasionally to Broadway; and through the National Theatre Live programme we broadcast to 2,000 cinemas in 52 countries around the world. Our extensive Learning programme offers talks, events and workshops for people of all ages in the new Clore Learning Centre, and reaches nationwide through programmes such as Connections, our annual festival of new plays for schools and youth theatres. National Theatre: On Demand In Schools offers six acclaimed, curriculum-linked productions free to stream on demand in every secondary school in the country. Online, you'll find a rich variety of innovative digital content on every aspect of theatre.
We do all we can to keep ticket prices affordable and to reach a wide audience, and use our public funding to maintain artistic risk-taking, accessibility and diversity. Whether you've been to the National many times or are making your first visit, we hope you will be entertained, challenged or inspired.
Purpose of the Job
As the National Theatre communicates and engages with an increased range of audiences, with an ever-widening offer, CRM is a crucial area. The NT's direct marketing communications need to be more targeted, more intelligent and more engaging than ever.
Reporting to the Senior CRM Marketing Manager, this role will be responsible for creating and sending email marketing campaigns to the full range of the NT's audiences in London, the UK and abroad.
This role will maintain contact with partner theatres across the UK and with NT Live cinemas and manage audience data being transferred from them to us. In addition the CRM Marketing Assistant will check and ensure that data is transferred to our eCRM system from our ticketing system.
Receiving direction from the Marketing Campaigns team, and using knowledge of marketing principles and analysis of the NT's database, this role will create email marketing campaigns and distribute them according to the marketing schedule.
An important part of the role will be to analyse results from our marketing campaigns and consult with Marketing personnel to improve our messaging overall. There will be opportunities to input into and help create Social Media marketing campaigns and Website landing page design projects.
A small amount of travelling within the UK may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Be the main marketing contact for collecting data from partner theatres, touring venues and NT Live venues.
• Work with the Senior CRM Marketing Manager to manage the customer contact plan for audiences outside of London and organise how data is used and prioritised.
• Measure and report on the effectiveness of our eCRM communications, using tools including Google Analytics.
• Plan the content for marketing emails, liaising directly with the NT's content producers whenever necessary.
• Ensure that all email marketing communications are sent in a targeted and timely manner.
• Work closely with other Marketing personnel to ensure that our emails and our marketing data support our overall marketing communications, including display advertising, website promotions and social media marketing.
• Assist in the management and execution of crisis communications.
• Research better ways to make the NT more relevant to audiences outside of London
• To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required.
• Experience of working in a marketing environment, preferably in the cultural or creative industries.
• Experience using Marketing technology to deliver email campaigns.
• Experience of analysing data.
• Familiarity with spreadsheet software, e.g. Excel or Google Sheets.
• Proven experience of working within a team and good communication skills.
• Good written English and an understanding of writing effective marketing copy.
• Proven planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise work demands to meet conflicting deadlines.
• A desire and ability to learn on the job.
• An interest in the cultural sector (desirable).
Outline of Terms and Conditions
Contract Type: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 35 hours per week, although additional hours may be necessary in order to fulfil the post's requirements
Salary: £21,000 per annum paid monthly on the 15th of each month
Location: National Theatre, Southbank, London, SE1 9PX
Annual Leave: 28 days in the first year, pro rata, including bank holidays, increasing with length of service thereafter
Probationary Period: 3 months
Notice Period: 3 months (1 month during probationary period)
Pension: The National Theatre operates a Stakeholder Pension scheme with Legal & General. If you wish to become a member, you may opt to contribute 4.5%, 6% or 7.5% of basic pay and the National will make a matching contribution. The National also operates an alternative pension scheme with NEST
• Complimentary tickets for performances, subject to availability and the National's staff ticket policy
• Complimentary tickets for platforms, subject to availability and policy
• Interest-free season ticket loan, cycle-scheme and childcare vouchers
• Staff canteen and bar
• Discount on meals in all of the National's bars and restaurants
• Discount on the books, play texts, DVDs and other items in the National's bookshop
Please note that applications can only be considered if they are submitted through the National's Online Recruitment System, and returned by the closing date.
To apply for this vacancy please click the Apply button.
The closing date for the receipt of completed application forms is: 12 noon Thursday 12th October 2017
For any queries, please contact the HR Department by emailing: email@example.com
We encourage applications from all sections of the community and in particular those which are currently under-represented at the NT including BAME & disabled candidates.
HR Department 2017