Head of Communications & Policy
I am delighted to be working with Education Support Partnership in the recruitment of a Head of Communications & Policy. This is a newly created role and will play an integral part in leading the communications function and shaping the organisation's future communications strategy and activities.
Born in September 2015 from the merger of three sister organisations: Teacher Support Network, Recourse and Work- life Support, the charity is the only one supporting the entire education workforce.
They champion good mental health and wellbeing for education professionals throughout their careers and in retirement, providing financial, professional and emotional help and advice. They also offer a wide range of tools to help education leaders engage, energise and strengthen their teams.
This post will lead the communications team in delivering robust communications plans to engage key stakeholders and the public to increase understanding and build wider visibility and reputation for the organisation. Key responsibilities include managing the organisation's brand and design and overseeing policy and research. You will also be responsible for creating and editing high quality corporate publications and online content to increase understanding of the organisation's role and priorities, and creating campaigns and plans to engage the public and grow the business' reach and reputation.
Ideal candidates will display:
• Experience working in a strategic communications role, providing internal and external communications support across a diverse organisation
• Significant experience leading and developing a multi-functional communications team
• Experience delivering high profile PR campaigns
• Knowledge of the national media and of media trends and developments
• Experience of managing digital output across a range of channels including website content and social media
• Experience of writing structured communications strategies and plans
• Excellent organisational and time management skill
If you'd like to know more about this role please apply with an up to date CV.