Leading Law firm based in London is looking for a lead and independent senior creative with hands on skills to head up the design and production of all their European print and digital collateral. Working closely with the US creative department and with overall responsibility of all creative output for Europe you will be a hands on innovative corporate designer with an understanding of working within the parameters of corporate guidelines but the ability to push the creative boundaries. You will be a confident presenter of work and a key part of the role is advising and communicating with key stakeholders and board level directors supporting their marketing needs. You will need to possess and demonstrate great planning and project management skills - with the ability to look at the entire life cycle of projects from initial brief through to delivery.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or related field is required.
- Experience within marketing and/or communications group at a law or related professional services organisation is a plus.
- Strong grammar, punctuation and spelling skills are essential.
- Exceptional communication skills, drafting and proof-reading ability.
- Track record of creativity and design experience relevant to support the needs of a professional services firm.
- Adjusts design aesthetic and workflow to meet brand guidelines and evolving Firm needs.
- Strong organisational and project management skills are essential, as is the ability to multi-task and adhere to strict deadlines. Designer will be expected to take each project through from the initial brief to implementation.
- Full proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver.
- Working knowledge of HTML, producing newsletters and E-invites.
- Skills with Prezi/PPT /keynote presentation software desirable.
- Video editing skills desirable.
- Designs electronic communications in InDesign and able to translate into inline-coded, HTML-based emails.
- Full working knowledge of all Microsoft Office 2010 applications (proficiency in PowerPoint, including animation, highly desirable).
- Strong typographic, layout and information design skills necessary. Illustration skills a plus.
- Significant knowledge and experience managing full-cycle of print production: from obtaining estimated costs and negotiating vendor bids to supervising prepress work, and from checking over and marking up proofs to properly overseeing a press check.
- Experience with photoshoot direction/management and can handle basic photo retouching.
- Communicates effectively and respectfully with a wide range of clients and vendors.
- Ability to work well within a team environment, take direction from senior staff and clients, and offer new ideas/fresh perspective, as well as working well independently.