Senior Innovation Consultant
Senior Innovation Consultant / London / £50k+ / Permanent
Skills: service design, design strategy, trend research, project management, consumer research, hospitality, travel, technology, telecommunications, media.
A strategy, research and design agency that has been delivering ground breaking solutions for 25 years, are looking to grow their team. Their expertise lies in communication and consumer experience, looking at how service design thinking can inform better design. They help some of the biggest brands by using insights to inform solutions.
The Senior Innovation Consultant, manages and delivers innovation-consulting engagements for some of the world's largest and most ambitious brands. The ideal candidate must be an integrative creative thinker, capable of using structured analytical processes to inspire forward thinking resolutions to seemingly insurmountable problems.
As the business continues to grow and develop, they are looking for someone who can shape the role into their own, grow and develop within the business and manage their workload with minimal supervision.
THE INTERACTION DESIGNER ROLE
- Managing a multi-disciplinary team of consultants, researchers, analysts and designers and their work and development ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Being the principle point of contact for with major clients during projects.
- Leading the analysis of trends, consumer desires, behaviours, and market dynamics to produce opportunity narratives for innovation.
- Design and lead ideation and concept development workshops.
- Develop new concepts and work with the team to provide robust commercial evaluation.
- Presentation of final concepts to clients.
- This individual is expected to be a "face", creating content, attending industry events, and helping to publicise unique IP and contributing towards account growth and new business activities with directors.
- Writing proposals and contributing towards pitches.
- Design and delivery of new proposition and service tool kits for in-market activation.
- Design and lead prototyping and proof of concept programs.
- Contribute towards the continual improvement of innovation process.
ABOUT THE INTERACTION DESIGNER
- You must be an integrative thinker, capable of using structured analytical processes to inspire creative resolutions to seemingly insurmountable problems.
- A relevant Masters' degree, and a minimum of six years' experience working in innovation based consulting engagements.
- You'll need gravitas, a personality that brings people together, and an inherent love of solving challenging problems. This will manifest in an inherent ability to form causal relationships between seemingly disparate and unrelated evidence.
- You will be fluent in multiple research methodologies to fuel innovation engagements such as trends analysis, consumer observation and interviewing, competitor analysis and ideation techniques.
- You will have significant experience leading a cross-functional team and managing senior client relationships.
- You will be able to demonstrate that you are comfortable with ambiguity. The ideal candidate will love the voyage of exploration at the front end of the innovation process and have the ability to turn this into well-defined and commercially robust concepts.
- You will have world-class presentation and report writing skills, with an impressive track record of gaining executive level buy-in for your recommendations.
- You will have been delivering consulting projects for senior executives in global organizations and as a result be able to demonstrate a mastery of visual storytelling.
- Ideally you will be able to demonstrate proven experience of working with service-based clients, preferably in hospitality and travel, as well as technology, telecommunications and media.
- You should be known as the most positive and passionate person in your current organization, known for your curiosity, and ability to ignite the same in others.
- You must be able to demonstrate you are a leader of others, able to form a collective understanding of the end goal of a project, and keep a team utterly focused on achieving it.