This well-established company of furniture designers and makers are based in East Devon and manufacture custom-made furniture for high-end residential projects throughout the UK and abroad. An exciting opportunity has just come up for an experienced Furniture Designer / CAD Technician to join the existing team and provide support to the project managers and the workshop.
Main areas of responsibility would include:
- Client liaison
- Design Development
- Site survey work
- Researching and integrating fittings
- The production of presentation and working drawings
- Briefing makers and regular visits to the workshop
Ideally they seeking a candidate with at least 3 years' experience but they might also consider a recent graduate / newly qualified furniture designer for a more junior role.
Person / Experience Required:
- Qualified in Furniture Design
- Literate in AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks
- Good communication skills
- Experience of producing detailed drawings of bespoke furniture for manufacture
- Experience of making furniture would be advantageous