Senior Product Designer
Senior Designer / London / £35k - £40k (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Household Accessories, Kitchen Appliances and Accessories, Cookware and Cooking Utensils, Lifestyle, Invention, Ideation, Solidworks, Keyshot.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced Industrial Designer to join a leading global player in the houseware/kitchenware sectors. Based in the Hampshire office you will work with globally recognised household names. The role requires you to be heavily involved in the management of the new product development team, guiding the team in taking ideas from initial concepts through development to delivery. You will be responsible for the design, development and management of highly inventive, patentable products that are truly unique in the market.
THE SENIOR PRODUCT DESIGNER JOB
- Play a major part in the growth of the brands internal, multidisciplinary design and engineering team.
- Focused on developing inventive, high revenue products to launch into target growth categories.
- Taking ideas from initial concept, through design development, to delivery.
- Refine and validate technical and functional capabilities of concept through proof of concept prototyping.
- Getting hands on to generate inventive, 'big idea' solutions.
- Communicating with other design and business departments.
- Able to communicate ideas clearly and effectively throughout the team.
- Responsible for the design, development and delivery of ambitious products across a range of brands, taking products from initial concept through to mass-production.
- Develop both in-house projects and client consultancy projects.
- Ideating and producing sketches, visualisations and prototypes.
- Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers such as injection moulders and metal fabricators.
- Lead constructional packaging development related to new product introductions, generating initial packaging concepts.
- Using commercial awareness, experience of project budgets and time lines to ensure that products meet return on investment.
- Engineering elements to design for manufacture, using plastics, wood and metal.
ABOUT THE SENIOR PRODUCT DESIGNER
- 2:1 or above Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Engineering or related course.
- Experience creating bold and inventive ideas, ideally from an in-house environment.
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Your portfolio should clearly show your inventive nature, and the process you follow to uncover insight and develop a product through to production.
- Good working knowledge of Solidworks and Keyshot.
- Enthusiastic hands-on approach.
- Experience managing a small team or mentoring more junior members of the team.
- Self-motivated, creative thinker.
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills.
- A great portfolio of innovative and creative design work highlighting a confident design sketching ability and evidence of generating design concepts.