Michael Page is partnering with Guardsman in the hunt for a Marketing Manager. You'll help develop a Multi-channel Marketing strategy and be responsible for implementation and ongoing management of the marketing plan. We are looking for an all-round talented and enthusiastic marketer with passion and spirit to “move things forward”.
Details about the Client
Guardsman have been providing excellence in furniture care since 1915, offering services and products dedicated to the protection, care and repair of wood, fabric and leather furnishings. They're the market leading provider of protection plans in the UK and today over 2.5 million households have their furniture protected by a Guardsman plan. The business also owns Safeclean, a carpet and upholstery cleaning franchise proposition that forms part of their repairer network. Now part of the Sherwin Williams group, Guardsman has a global remit and have impressive growth plans for the next 5 years.
Detailed Job Description
The Marketing Manager's responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the development, implementation and administration of the marketing plan including: Brand development, Retail support collateral, New product development (consumer products & services), PR, Online and Training materials (internal and external)
- Be the guardian of the Guardsman & Safeclean brands and all related assets, ensuring correct and legal usage.
- Create strong, long-term relationships with key customer stakeholders for joint future alignment.
- Work with underwriters and legal team to build a solid knowledge and understanding of regulatory environment, to ensure the business and our trading partners promote products and services compliantly at all times.
- Create relationships with agency partners & suppliers to ensure added value delivery to the business.
- Manage the marketing team including hiring, training, evaluating performance, providing compensation recommendations, and determining disciplinary actions when necessary.
- Administer and monitor the marketing budget including allocating resources and approving expenditures.
- Review and develop a variety of projects, serve on the wider leadership team, develop reports and recommendations, and present them to the Senior Leadership Team as required.
- Responsible for consumer and market research and monitoring of trends and furniture market news.
- Facilitate clear and consistent communication across the business, to the repairer network, franchisees and customer stakeholder groups.
- Assist in implementation of corporate branding across the business to ensure guidelines and standards are adhered to.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We are looking for someone who will bring passion and energy into a broad role with the spirit to “move things forward” You'll ideally display:
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for working in a busy commercial environment
- A collaborative and can-do attitude
- Team management experience desirable
- Strong commercial acumen
- A proven creative and strategic thinker
- Minimum 5 years' marketing experience accompanied by Marketing Qualification
- Ability to multi-task within a demanding environment
- Strong sense of accountability, ownership and the spirit to “move things forward”
- Excellent written and verbal communications & presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Able to attend meetings and conferences as required
What's on offer
Guardsman are offering the opportunity to join a growing business in a newly-created position. They are providing autonomy and the chance to progress your career in a challenging service sector environment.
The Marketing Manager position is a full-time permanent opportunity which will be based in their Abingdon office, with occasional travel.
Guardsman have a great team, benefits package and will offer a competitive salary for the right candidate.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply or contact Leslie Davies at Michael Page on 01189 559588
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPMI13854884Z