Creative Manager / Senior Designer
Our client is a rapidly growing food business, who believe in creating delicious natural food which celebrates what you can do with great plant based ingredients.
The business first started in 2012 with a food blog which was quickly followed by cooking classes, an app, several best-selling books, three Delis in London, and the launch of food products into stores across the UK.
As the team of 15 motivated individuals (and 1 dog) grow, they are looking for talented, passionate people who love food and their approach to business. The client are based in a busy studio in the heart of Soho, where anything could be going on from a photo shoot to a chef cooking up a storm in their kitchen which the whole office is then able to sample. This is a varied role, where you will working across print, event stands, POS material, digital and social media campaigns that will reach millions of people.
- Be the owner for the creative briefing process: ensure everyone knows how to request deliverables, allowing best in class creative.
- Implement style and tone of voice guidelines (as provided by the Marketing Director)
- Oversee the work queue, enabling the Marketing Team to prioritise where necessary.
- Be on the hunt for inspiration: images, colours, food, graphics to keep the brand at the cutting edge of design.
- Respond to social media briefs with imaginative, engaging content that's tailored to the platforms. Link each brief together (depending on the campaign) to tell the client's story.
- Use graphic design software, photos, videos (gifs), hand drawn materials to deliver the brief.
- Challenge the creative norms: ensure they do not limit themselves to the same type of content as other brands or what they have done previously.
- Engage shoppers with POS materials (shelf barkers and other in-store assets) and develop these to communicate the messaging hierarchy.
- Own the trade show stand - ensuring it gets a refresh each year and tells the story of the brand and what the client is launching.
- Develop adverts for trade magazines which target buyers or decision makers. Do this in a way which constantly sets them apart from the competition.
- Alongside the social content, create consumer content e.g. leaflets, sampling stand materials, and company branded materials for external consumption.
- Whilst delivering beautiful (on-brand) content, make sure all of the little details are taken care of.
Key measures of success:
- Leading assets which are used with pride across all social channels
- Engagement targets
- Trade deliverables which exceed the expectations of the team
- Beautiful assets which keep the brand at the forefront of people's thoughts and engage through total creative impact and smaller details.
- Support the company to think creatively about how they speak to their consumers, shoppers and buyers.
- Provide assets and small touches which continue to grow the brand love.