Groups, Trade, Promotions & Education Manager (Full-Time / Permanent Contract)
Position: Groups, Trade, Promotions & Education Manager (Full-Time / Permanent Contract)
Salary: £30,316 p.a. (Inclusive of London Weighting)
Location: ZSL London Zoo, Regents Park, Camden, NW1 4RY
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL's mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
Overview of Role:
This role is responsible for driving and implementing the marketing strategy and activity plans for driving revenue from groups, education and trade sector across both ZSL London and Whipsnade Zoo sites. The successful candidate will also be responsible for overseeing the ZSL promotional strategy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and report on marketing strategies and subsequent activity plans for the Groups and Travel Trade sector and for the Education sector across both sites.
- Manage the creation, production and distribution of on-brand marketing collateral (print, advertising, direct mail) associated with the activity plans and managing the work of any associated external agencies (media and creative) and suppliers.
- Promote, plan and attend relevant exhibitions, travel trade fairs, conferences and workshops.
- Identify and develop new opportunities and packages for the Travel Trade and Group markets.
- Generate and follow up new leads for Group and Travel Trade sales through personal contacts, and direct marketing.
- Initiate, negotiate and monitor incentive schemes with third party trade clients.
- Represent ZSL within external bodies as required, such as London & Partners, AGTO and UKinbound.
- Develop a promotional calendar for ZSL, including all promotions throughout the year at both Zoos. Ensure all relevant departments are briefed.
- Prepare and distribute of a monthly management report on Promotions, Groups, Travel trade and Education performance. Pro-actively reacting to sales performance and deliver contingency plans where necessary, including tactical offers and promotions to drive attendances during shoulder periods.
- Experience of working within the Travel and Tourism sectors is essential. The inbound travel trade would be a distinct advantage.
- Proven understanding of marketing, with practical experience a distinct advantage.
- Experience of spreadsheets essential as is a very good level of numeracy.
- Understanding of the UK leisure attractions marketplace.
- Sound commercial awareness.
- Intermediate/Advanced skills in using MS office packages, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) and can do this by clicking the "Apply" button. If you have any queries regarding this position or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Midnight Wednesday 20th September 2017.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.