Business Development Specialist
Job Title: Business Development Specialist
For the past 40 years, Wood Mackenzie has established its reputation as a trusted source of intelligence, enriching lives by empowering clients with unique insight on the world's natural resources.
Now, as part of the Verisk Analytics family, that legacy is even stronger. Aligning with the world's leading data analytics company extends our ability to help clients overcome the toughest challenges with our unrivalled analysis and advice.
We will continue to build on the power of our existing approach to assess and value individual assets and companies, allowing our clients to pursue the most promising opportunities.
Together, we inspire and innovate the markets we serve - providing invaluable intelligence that informs the strategic decisions that will ultimately shape the future direction of our global natural resources.
The EMEARC Marketing team are a small, enthusiastic group of marketers - based in London, Edinburgh and Moscow - who are passionate about delivering campaigns that add tangible value to the business.
Along with our colleagues in the Americas and Asia Pacific, we form part of a global marketing team and partner closely with our central marketing function to deliver creative and effective lead-generating campaigns.
This role is an integral part of the EMEARC marketing team and is critical to the success of outbound marketing campaigns and lead generation.
The purpose of the role is to increase the return on investment from marketing activity by qualifying marketing-generated leads before handover to Sales, delivering a higher quality of lead and therefore an increase in conversion rates and ultimately revenue.
- Telephone qualification of leads from outbound marketing campaigns
- Maintaining prospect relationships through proactive and regular contact
- Recording of all activities in the company's CRM system (Salesforce)
- Monitor and report on progress of prospect engagement, and of leads passed over to sales
- New audience targeting and lead nurturing programs
- Responding to inbound enquiries
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous telemarketing and lead generation experience in a B2B environment, including cold calling & discovery emails
- Experience promoting and qualifying opportunities for complex and high value solutions, products or services
- Experienced in using effective qualification and questioning methodologies
- Experience of working in an organised and goal-orientated environment
- Evidence of achieving results
- Developed project management skills, evidenced by an ability to maintain multiple projects and stakeholder relationships
- Experience in using Salesforce.com would be advantageous
- Additional European language is a huge plus!
- Client focused
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Life Long Learning
Wood Mackenzie Core Values
Wood Mackenzie is a place where we are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment which encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging.
Wood Mackenzie values each individual's contribution and helps them reach their full potential while sustaining an organisational culture of health and well-being.
Our core values are:
- Respect for the Individual
- Confidence with humility
We understand the importance of bringing your whole self to work and to achieving balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Wood Mackenzie's success.