Head of Marketing & Business Development
Eleven Arches, the production company behind ‘Kynren - an epic tale of England', the spectacular open- air live action show in Bishop Auckland, County Durham, is looking for talented individuals to join the team as the show moves into its third season, and the development of a new daytime theme park begins.
Eleven Arches is a registered charity which aims to establish Bishop Auckland as an international tourist destination, a new engine for economic growth, with Kynren at its heart as the vehicle for an innovative and engaging arts, education and community development programme in the North East.
Performances of Kynren run throughout the summer from July to September. The production of show is possible thanks to the participation of over 1,000 professionally-trained volunteers as cast and crew of the show.
The role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to be involved in inspiring, ambitious and unique project, working in a fast-moving, unpredictable, high-octane environment that accompanies the production of a world-class show.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced marketing professional to drive the strategic development of our sales channels - trade, partnership and consumer - and deliver the marketing plan to achieve our sales objective.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of all marketing operations, building the presence and profile of Kynren and Eleven Arches in the North East, nationally and internationally, building relationships with the travel industry and developing programmes and packages to help us broaden the reach and appeal of Kynren to new and growing audiences. You will also work closely with the communities, councils, organisations and businesses in Bishop Auckland, County Durham and the North East to develop their collaboration with and support for Kynren.
You will also develop a corporate programme, exploring the potential for sponsorship and hospitality opportunities and presenting these to businesses and organisations in the area.
Due to the scope of the role, a certain amount of out of hours work will be necessary to attend networking events in the community as well as well as supporting Eleven Arches' events and weekend performances, for which time off in lieu is granted.
CORE OUTPUTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the development of the overall marketing plan, working closely with colleagues and agencies to ensure its effective delivery
- Manage a team of three on a day-to-day basis, providing guidance, support and leadership while encouraging individual members of the team to grow in confidence and stature
- Create a trade strategy and delivery plan, identifying relevant tour operators and travel providers for whom the inclusion of Kynren in their group programmes presents a compelling proposition and commercial opportunity, negotiating a trade pricing structure and individual propositions as appropriate, organizing fam trips and providing partners with all assets and materials they require to promote Kynren, including any reciprocal web-based developments required to facilitate the partnerships
- Work with tourist boards (eg Visit County Durham, Discover Durham) to identify and leverage marketing opportunities to promote Kynren as a compelling visitor attraction
- Create a Partnership Programme which engages hotels, other visitor attractions and transport providers in the region in developing bundled packages which can be marketed collaboratively.
- Develop a Groups proposition and actively engage with tour operators and travel trade, attend trade shows
- Identify opportunities with organisations and businesses in the North East to build awareness and drive ticket sales through the creation of bespoke propositions which can be promoted to internal staff or customers
- Develop the corporate hospitality proposition and proactively market it to businesses and organisations
- Scope out potential for sponsorship opportunities at Kynren, and if viable, create a programme to pitch these to relevant corporates
- Oversee the delivery of trade and partnership marketing campaigns which encompass traditional, digital and social media, manage the media plan, CRM activity and development of creative assets required to support all activity
- Maintain, manage and grow the trade contact database
- Build relationships Bishop Auckland Town Council, the Town Team and independent businesses in the area to leverage opportunities for support and promotion of Kynren through their activity or assets.
- Work with Auckland Castle to explore and develop joint opportunities to promote Kynren in the context of the broader Auckland Project visitor proposition
- Analyse and evaluate results of activity and return on investment using the findings to refine and optimise activity
- Respond to ad hoc telephone and email enquiries as required
- Be prepared to help in any way required to help to achieve Eleven Arches' ambition
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent people management skills and experience of managing a team to achieve full potential
- First class presentation and interpersonal skills
- Well-connected amongst the business communities of the North East, comfortable building
- Commercial acumen and excellent negotiating skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management expertise with the ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task
- Able to develop, implement and evaluate marketing campaigns
- Solutions and results
- Numerate and analytical, with a solid understanding of yield management
- Excellent IT and numeracy skills
- Personable, outgoing, confident personality
- Pro-active and motivated self-starter with plenty of initiative and a ‘can-do' attitude who is
- driven by greats results and happy managing own workload and time in a fast-moving and
- demanding environment
- Background in marketing in a sales-focused environment, with track record of delivering against objectives
- Experience of travel or attractions marketing an advantage
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.