Product Designer / London / £40k / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Digital Appliances, Domestic Appliances, Kitchen Appliances, Home Appliances, Consumer Electronics, Sketching
An industry leading brand in the consumer electronics industry are currently looking for a super talented Product Designer. Innovation is at the core of this company, they are dedicated to improving the global community through its constant pursuit of ground-breaking creations. At their European design studio based in London there is a vibrant mix of creatives at the top of their game producing some of the best products on the market. This is a true career defining opportunity, which will have you conceptualising, developing and delivering new high profile products.
THE PRODUCT DESIGN JOB
- To take an active role in the conceptualisation and development of new products and advanced product concepts.
- Plan and execute design projects based on given briefs and schedules.
- Implement design identity characteristics into the European market.
- To bring fresh and innovative ideas at each phase of design development.
- Able to communicate with other disciplines within the design studio and other business functions for appropriate execution of the projects.
- To manage the design process for European product design development within agreed time, cost and other allocated parameters.
- Take an active role in product design projects across mobile phones, consumer electronics, kitchen/domestic appliances, Laptops and TV etc.
- Ensure the results satisfy the given briefs in aspects of form, aesthetics, physical and psychological interfaces between users and products.
- Determine appropriate materials, mechanism, construction, colour, surface finishes.
- Ensure the 'look and feel' of the design solutions satisfy the identity guidelines.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT DESIGNER
- Experienced in designing electronic consumable goods, kitchen appliances, home appliances etc.
- At minimum 3 years hand-on experiences from sketching / ideation to final production.
- MA or BA in Industrial design or Product design.
- Appropriate experiences in corporate design centre or consultancy.
- Must demonstrate creative innovative approach and hands-on competency to design.
- Knowledge of current design software and techniques in both 2D and 3D (Solidworks, NX10, Rhino, Vray, 3DsMax and Keyshot).
- Exposure to VR is also a big plus.
Apply for Product Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly