Experienced Industrial Design Consultant
Experienced Industrial Design Consultant / Cambridge / £50k+ (Negotiable) / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Manufacturing, Human Factors, Innovation, Medical, Solidworks, Pro-Engineer.
Ideas from this company have truly had a global impact. They have been pioneers of change and have been designing and delivering exciting and innovative products for over 25 years. This multi-disciplinary team of designers, engineers and scientists have contributed to the global advancements in a broad spectrum of sectors including medical, communications, transport, FMCG, consumer electronics and consumer products. They are currently looking for an ambitious and motivated industrial designer to join their medical device team, where the ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is passionate about creating better human experiences, is a natural problem solver, has experience working within an integrated team of engineers and physicists, and has proven experience delivering products to market.
THE PRODUCT DESIGN CONSULTANT JOB
- Take a leading design role, where you will be required to help position and grow what is an exciting and emerging area of the business.
- Play an active role in developing new business and building client relationships.
- Provide strategic input and leadership to champion and build the role of design.
- Lead the industrial design and human factors function, helping to develop medical devices that apply leading technology and product innovations but are also safe, intuitive and desirable to use.
- Visualise and think through complex systems and problems.
- Apply industrial design throughout the product development process.
- Explore new technologies and materials to enable the delivery of a product vision.
- Initiate, facilitate and participate in creative thinking sessions and brainstorm sessions.
- Apply user-centred design methodologies and explore human factors research techniques.
- Devise clever mechanical solutions for complex problems.
- Liaising with clients around the world, you will work with a multi-disciplinary team of highly talented designers, engineers and physicists to deliver novel solutions.
- Presenting ideas to key stakeholders.
- Detailed design of components and products.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT DESIGN CONSULTANT
- 1st or Upper 2nd class degree within Industrial design, mechanical or manufacturing engineering.
- Experience in Solidworks or Pro-Engineer.
- Skills in human factors and usability of products.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Have a great track record of bringing exciting products to market.