Junior Product Designers
This award-winning organisation over the years has been steadily developing its name in the field of contemporary architecture and interior design. They offer a wide range of market focused and design-led products for the building and construction sectors and are continuously evolving their product range and breaking new ground.
Every one of their 70 employees plays an integral part in the success of the business, contributing their views and opinions to form a unique set of company values and a shared vision for the wellbeing of the business. The high level of genuine collaboration and empowerment of their people, results in a high degree of staff retention and a real energy and enthusiasm in their teams.
With a great reputation for taking on designers early in their career and allowing them to develop and learn, they are now seeking two such designers to fill the roles of Technical Design Assistant and Bespoke Design Engineer.
1. The Technical Design Assistant will provide speedy technical advice on products. It is a varied role and will involve creating technical literature and establishing design feasibility for projects, producing 3D models and drawings. They will also be liaising with suppliers, architects and contractors and therefore will need excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2. The Bespoke Design Engineer will be responsible for taking a project from order stage, once the initial design has been agreed, all the way through to the finished product, representing the client and ensuring the final product is built to the clients expectations. A strong technical understanding will be needed where the finer details of the design has been considered and resolved. They will also be involved in liaising with suppliers, architects and contractors, therefore excellent communication skills both verbal and written is essential.
Person / Experience Required:
- Degree in Product Design, Industrial Design or a similar discipline
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience/ placement within a relevant professional environment - Graduates will be considered
- Have a good working knowledge of 3D CAD Software (SolidWorks or similar)
- Able to understand technical information
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail