RAF Charitable Trust Enterprises is the commercial arm of the RAF Charitable Trust, and best known for staging the renowned Royal International Air Tattoo (RIAT) at RAF Fairford each year. Profits from RIAT are the prime source of funding for RAFCT's grant giving activity which supports interest in aviation amongst young people, STEM initiatives and serving RAF personnel. RAFCTE has a challenging growth agenda which, in addition to staging RIAT, includes the staging of a new annual air show, and support for the RAF's centenary celebrations in 2018. This increased activity has prompted the creation of the new position of Marketing Director.
Marketing Director Key Responsibilities
- Marketing planning and budgeting;
- External agency appointment and relationship management;
- Marketing communication and PR across all media, including social. Website design and content;
- Brand and marketing creative and brand activation;
- Promotional campaigns to support all RAFCTE events;
- Consumer insight and data analytics;
- CRM, loyalty programmes and direct, personalised marketing;
- Customer experience across all touch points;
- Customer segment management, including new proposition development;
- Leadership and development of the marketing function;
- Shaping company strategy, promoting the commercial agenda and contributing positively to the RAFCTE board.
Marketing Director Essential Skills and Experience
- Senior level marketing experience gained in leisure, hospitality, travel, heritage, FMCG, retail, sport or event management;
- Commercially minded with strong financial acumen;
- Well-networked in digital marketing and social media. In touch with emerging digital innovation, and able to raise the digital IQ of RAFCTE;
- Able to work as a team player with evidence of entrepreneurial energy, a ‘can do' attitude and a confidence to challenge and think differently;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to influence and operate effectively at all levels across the organisation;
- Ability to work within a lean structure coupled with a willingness to ‘roll up his or her sleeves' as required;
- Consistently works within budgets and to agreed timescales;
- Intellectual strength and nous to deal quickly with complex issues, articulate strategic plans and represent the organisation to a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Up to date knowledge of progressive marketing practices and the ability to review and quickly implement improved disciplines across all marketing functions;
- Headroom to grow and assume greater accountability and a wider remit.