NPI Middleweight Design Engineer
NPI Middleweight Design Engineer / London / £35k+ / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Household Accessories, Kitchen Appliances and Accessories, Cookware and Cooking Utensils, Lifestyle, Invention, Ideation, Solidworks, ProEngineer, Keyshot.
This is an exciting and career defining opportunity for a talented and experienced Industrial Designer/Design Engineer to join a London based, globally recognised household name in the world of contemporary consumer products and a major player in the global retail market. With new ranges launching twice yearly, the company has won multiple awards for their innovative products and trend driven design.
The role will see you play a vital role in the growing New Product Innovation team, developing ideas from initial concepts through to delivery. You will be responsible for the design and development of highly inventive, patentable products that are truly unique in the market.
The ideal candidate is a highly creative innovator with a passion for design and experience of creating bold and inventive ideas that challenge conventional thinking, whilst keeping them grounded in commercial reasoning that can be communicated and proven.
THE MIDDLEWEIGHT DESIGN ENGINEER JOB
- Play a major part in the brands internal, multidisciplinary design and engineering team.
- Focused on developing inventive, high revenue products to launch into target growth categories.
- Taking ideas from initial concept, through design development, to delivery.
- Refine and validate technical and functional capabilities of concept through proof of concept prototyping.
- Getting hands on to generate inventive, 'big idea' solutions.
- Able to communicate ideas clearly and effectively throughout the team.
ABOUT MIDDLEWEIGHT DESIGN ENGINEER
- 2:1 or above Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Engineering or related course.
- Around 4 years' experience.
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Experience in creating patentable products is highly desirable.
- Your portfolio should clearly show your inventive nature, and the process you follow to uncover insight and develop a product through to production.
- Good working knowledge of Solidworks or ProEngineer and Keyshot.
- Enthusiastic hands-on approach and experience in proof of concept prototyping.
- Self-motivated, creative thinker.
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills.