Content & Communications Executive
Emirates Old Trafford is an award winning venue with ambition and commitment to further develop its growing Conference and Events business, with a number of business tourism awards over the past three years the most recent including the International Stadium Business Awards “Project of the Year” for the new Pavilion and MEN “Best non-match day use of a venue” at the recent Sport Business Awards.
Emirates Old Trafford is also known as a world-leading concert and entertainment venue, most recently hosting the One Love Manchester benefit concert as well as international stars such as Rihanna and Beyoncé.
2017 sees the start of an exciting new era for the venue with the opening a brand new 150-bedroom Hilton Garden Inn Hotel on-site.
Continuing to grow our C&E business, this post will support the business moving forward, working as part of the wider marketing team to develop strong media relations to drive positive media coverage as well as implementing the content and communications plan across all digital channels on behalf of our prestigious and high profile Emirates Old Trafford venue.
You will manage day-to-day content and communications initiatives across multiple platforms to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behaviour with a specific focus on the Conference and Events, Hotel and Music aspects of the business. The role will be part of the wider marketing department at Emirates Old Trafford, which also includes Lancashire County Cricket Club. From time to time, the successful candidate will work across the wider cricket communications and content accountabilities that the overall department is responsible for.
- Responsible for the proactive creation of all PR and content for Conferences and Events, hotel and music including proactively seeking out news stories, features and content to be used across our owned digital channels and third party channels (on and offline)
- Creating and implementing a PR and Communications Plan to support C&E, Hotel and Music
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with relevant industry media personnel to proactively sell in news and contents to raise the profile of Emirates Old Trafford
- Prepare and distribute press releases for the media specifically relating to Venue
- Support the Senior Media & Content Executive, with the creation of the organisation's content plan to maximise engagement and support the digital strategy
- Responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the functional content plan for C&E, Hotel and Music ensuring content is posted to the website and social channels in a timely fashion
- Support with the day-to-day running of the hotel and C&E social media accounts
We are looking for a creative individual with B2B media and digital experience, preferably within conference and events, with a degree (or equivalent) in Marketing /Communications.
- Experience of writing creative and engaging copy across a variety of channels (print web and social).
- Experience of implementing digital content and social media would be an advantage
- Great communicator, both in person and written communication, confident communications at all levels utilising a variety of channels.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Lots of initiative, comfortable with working to deadlines and managing multiple projects.
- High levels of energy and a flexible approach to working hours, working evenings and weekends when required.
If you have the relevant skills and experience, and wish to apply for this role, please send your CV with current salary details to Joanne Hunt, Human Resource Manager, to email@example.com .