My client a full-service, integrated agency delivering omnichannel solutions for the pharmaceutical industry are looking for an editor.
The Editor will review concepts, manuscripts, layouts/mechanicals, disk releases, and bluelines.
Tasks include: proofreading, word for word reads, initial edits, fact checks, correction checks/line slugs, cold reads, and double reads depending on what stage the job is at and according to the agency job flow process.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Edit copy according to agency and client style and make certain all jobs contain all appropriate information required by clients and the FDA (eg, copyright lines, logos and generic names, fair balance, job code numbers, please see lines, etc).
- Edit all manuscripts for grammar, punctuation, spelling, AMA style, Client Style, etc.
- Edit all layouts for agreement with latest manuscript or with approved copy from client.
- Fact check all references cited in manuscripts layouts for accuracy of citation and for faithfulness to statements or data drawn from references using annotations/references supplied by the Copywriter.
- Order references when requested by Copy or Account Services and supply copies to appropriate individuals.
- Clear all significant recommended changes in wording with Copywriter or Copy Supervisor for each job.
- Ensure each job is reviewed at each stage according to Agency Job Flow Procedures
- Keep Copywriters, Traffic, Art Directors, and Account Services team members informed of any significant editorial issues on any job.
- Assist team in keeping track of Client product style requirements by maintaining a style sheet that can be used by the rest of the Editorial Department.
- Attend assigned product status and start up meetings when requested.
- Demonstrate ability to set priorities while handling multiple projects.
- Project professional, positive attitude toward all agency members and clients.
- Remain calm in high pressure situations.
- Strive to develop in-depth knowledge of assigned product brands.
- Uphold agency quality standards in servicing the Client.
- Assist other members of department as needed when workload allows.
- Maintain accurate time sheets.
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned by the Editorial Manager or Assistant Director.
- Develop knowledge of Client's process/procedures for all submissions.
- College degree preferred
- 1-2 years of proofreading experience
- Superior proofreading skills
- An excellent grasp of grammar
- Ability to follow instructions
- Working knowledge of MS Word