My client a full-service, integrated agency delivering omnichannel solutions for the pharmaceutical industry are looking for a medical writer.
• Create content for a range of promotional materials (printed and digital) - proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat is necessary.
• Ensure all content generated by the Agency is medically accurate and within brand/compliance guidelines - responsible for final sign-off on core scientific elements.
• Identify and communicate key scientific points whilst making sure content aligns with the creative brief.
• Edit all manuscripts for consistency, taking a diligent approach to grammar, punctuation, spelling, client/brand style etc.
• Ensure all written content is referenced appropriately, verify accuracy of citations and annotate copy to facilitate fact checking.
• Review manuscripts and layouts at each stage according to Agency job flow procedures.
• Research and effectively communicate key clinical data that pertain to Agency brands to the wider team.
• Ensure the Agency is up-to-date on therapeutic advances that pertain to Agency brands, by researching the current market and treatment landscapes, and using this resultant competitive intelligence to help generate compelling brand strategies, campaigns and tactics.
• Research new therapeutic areas quickly for aiding in new business pitches.
• Assist and support junior medical writers and promotional copywriters - review content for scientific accuracy.
• Work closely with art directors to explore concepts and visuals to communicate key messages.
• Work closely with promotional copywriters to develop the strongest stories for our brands.
• Liaise with account leads and project coordinators to ensure client timelines are met.
• Experience in a Healthcare Communications Agency
• Scientific/medical background (BSc or higher)
• Sound scientific knowledge/understanding with a broad range of therapy area expertise; oncology and rare bleeding disorders highly desirable.
• Proven medical/scientific writing experience ideally gained in a communications Agency - experience in developing content for materials including detail aids, leave behinds, journal ads, brochures, reprint carriers, objection handlers, message maps, patient case stories, lexicons and slide decks.
• Excellent scientific writing style, ability to adapt to various content types and audiences.
• Excellent quality control skills - keen editorial eye.
• Strive to develop in-depth knowledge of Agency brand data, treatment landscape and key competitors.
• Good organizational and time managment skills.