Position: Urban Designer
Our client is a practice of creative and experienced architects, designers, masterplanners, visualisers and technicians. They are skilled in the design and delivery of masterplanning, architectural and urban design projects. They are looking for a talented Urban Designer / Masterplanner to join their team.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum 3 years post qualification experience with a proven track record of delivering exemplar masterplanning and urban design schemes. Working on various types of residential and mixed use projects around the UK, the ideal candidate will work closely with the Studio Director to assist develop master plans, urban planning concepts and strategies, feasibility studies, design and access statements and design codes.
The candidate should be able to produce drawings and presentations in 2D and 3D, while communicating with clients and project teams during all phases of each project. A good understanding of planning requirements, hand drawing and rendering would be an advantage and good written and verbal communication skills are a requirement.
The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Proven post qualification professional experience and will have worked on quality residential and mixed used schemes.
- Must have a passion for seeking innovative, sustainable and creative design solutions for ever challenging design propositions.
- Possess a high level of visual and verbal skill including freehand and colour rendering skills. (Experience at producing 1/500 scaled free hand sketch residential layouts would be a distinct advantage).
- Ability for researching and analysing project specific data and information to underpin the design.
- Good team spirit. Strong sense of personal responsibility and dedication to their work and the work of their team.
- Proficiency in using the following software applications is a must, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, AutoCAD, SketchUP and 3DStudio Max.
- Preferably from a residential or multi-disciplinary background.
- You should be able to present a varied portfolio to demonstrate your design skills and experience.
Please make sure that your full address and details are included in your application for this role.