Product Manager - Agile & Prince II
Job Title: Product Manager
Location: Eynsham, Oxford
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a dynamic Product Manager to support a small, fast-paced start-up on delivering an ambitious roadmap of innovative glasses.
Founded by Hong Kong businessman and philanthropist James Chen, our client is an innovative eyewear business that is bringing variable focus glasses to the world. They take direction from their customers and the eye care industry, and have evolved to develop pioneering technology products that really hit consumer needs; to be the only pair of glasses one will ever need.
The culture is fun, dynamic and empowering, but extremely hard working, so you will thrive in this environment. Each staff member is committed to the success of the organisation and you will become a crucial part of this.
As Product Manager you will be responsible for bringing together all elements of the product to ensure that it is available in international markets on time, on budget, and to quality specifications. These workstreams to be managed include Product Design, Sales, Customer Service, Manufacturing, Logistics, Regulatory, Quality, and Marketing.
This exciting role is pivotal to the success of the business and gives you the opportunity to establish as an integral member of the company.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead projects by working with multiple workstreams (design, engineering, sales, marketing, customer service, quality, regulatory, and finance) to capture a full set of requirements, build a plan, and drive through to implementation.
- Management and ownership of small projects and change requests on an ad-hoc basis that either update existing products or develop bespoke orders for sales.
- Oversight and management of stock including core sellable SKUs, Point of Sale collateral and sales training materials.
- To understand the customers in the targeted markets to be able to set priorities.
- Ensuring that all products are managed and documented.
- Working with the leadership team, workstream leads, and finance to create accurate launch budgets and go-to market P&L models.
- Communication of project status to the team on a regular basis.
- Ensuring benchmark quality and legislative standards are maintained for final product.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working with Richard, our CPO, to model the resourcing and delivery options for our exciting roadmap.
The Ideal Candidate
Fully conversant with the following:
- MS Excel, MS Project
- Project Management tools and methodologies inc. Agile and Prince II
- Experience of managing projects (or delivering new products) involving physical products (ideally within FMCG or healthcare verticals) including control of product cost, budget management, project schedule management and regulatory compliance.
- Experience of bringing new products to market and/or delivering to retail environments.
- Experience of managing distributed, cross-functional project teams.
- In-depth practical understanding of the processes for good project management/ new product delivery.
- Broad spectrum of knowledge around the technologies and processes involved in product development and manufacturing.
- Use of a gated project management process.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, changeable environment, the ideal candidate can quickly establish order and a pragmatic way forward.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to create strong relationships at all levels and disciplines in order to build consensus.
- Willingness to challenge and assert in order to achieve objectives.
- Takes ownership and personally commits to driving actions forward to ensure on-time delivery.
- Calm and professional approach; using analytics to back up actions; knowing when to escalate.
- A tenacious attitude: the ideal candidate won't stop until they find a way to make it happen.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with previous experience or relevant job titles of; Product Manager, Project Manager, Project Coordinator, Product Manager, Product General Manager, Product Coordinator, Product Marketing Manager, Marketing and Sales Manager, Product Development Coordinator, Senior Product Administrator, Product Management, Marketing Manager, Senior Marketing Executive, Product Marketing Assistant Manager may also be considered for this role.