Senior Industrial Designer
Senior Industrial Designer / Dublin / €50k - €70k / Permanent
Skills: Product Design, Industrial Design, Consumer Products, Consumer Electronics, Sketching, Rhino, Solidworks, Keyshot, trends.
One of the world's leading design and innovation consultancies are growing their already highly successful and multi-award winning team, and currently have an exciting opportunity for a creative, ambitious and highly motivated Senior Industrial Designer to make their mark within the industry. Working from their Dublin based studio you will join a team of passionate and highly driven designers that have produced some of the most iconic products for over three decades. They work across a broad range of product disciplines, from consumer electronics and appliances to medical devices, all cantered around creating compelling and innovative solutions and user experiences.
THE SENIOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER JOB
- Work in collaboration with the wider team of strategists, interaction designers, engineers and modellers to create future products for some of the world's most exciting consumer brands.
- Both lead and support project teams.
- Propose and evolve compelling product concepts.
- Create and communicate compelling strategic product direction.
- Translate research into meaningful design propositions.
- Passionate about emerging lifestyle, fashion and technology trends.
- Ability to generate and clearly communicate inspiring ideas, from sketch work through to development, visually and verbally.
- Creating holistic user experiences, from concept through to delivery.
- Resourceful, intuitive and inventive problem solving.
- Lead clients confidently.
- International travel required across Europe, the Far East and the US.
ABOUT THE SENIOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER
- A strong degree in Product Design / Industrial Design from a top European university is essential.
- Exceptional portfolio showing all levels of design process, with fluent/confident hand sketching skills.
- A portfolio that shows a breath of category experience.
- Self-motivated, energetic and inspiring member of the team. Lead on projects as well as client interaction.
- A positive and proactive approach.
- Proficiency in Rhino, Solidworks, Keyshot, Adobe Creative Suite.
- French would be advantageous.