Head of Events
2 days left
- Full Time
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, ambitious Event professional, who loves agency life and thrives in a fast paced environment. Heading up a team of senior event producers, you will have had hands on experience of exec producing large shows (budgets potentially in excess of £1m), great people management skills, exceptional client service relationships and are probably now looking to further your career using your knowledge and experience as a Department Head. Thought this role will be based in London there will be regular travel to the Hertford office.
What are we looking for?
Are you a great people person and client focused?
Would you love the opportunity to manage and mentor an event team with huge potential?
Can you bring pitch winning ideas?
Do you love being hands on?
Do you want to be part of a fast paced, rapidly growing Creative Agency?
Have you led, motivated and inspired teams?
If the Answer is Yes to the above then we want to hear from you!
This is a newly created, pivotal role at the heart of our clients largest team. You will personally oversee and lead a team of senior client facing event professionals at various stages of their careers - a great team with huge potential, who are responsible for 85% of our clients event development, delivery and revenue.
This is a client facing role and very much a hands on position. At the heart of the role will be;
1. Day to day management, mentorship and quality control of the Senior Event
Producers, their workload and output.
2. Responsibility for client account relationships and end to end project
management including pitching / development work for new opportunities
and the lead role (or Exec Producer) on a number of large scale events
Leadership and Mentoring;
Management and mentorship of the senior producers within the event team including;
• Leading, developing, mentoring, motivating and driving a team ethic / spirit.
• Commitment to improvements / advancement in service levels, sharing
knowledge and learnings and delivering to the highest standards
• Line management including performance reviews and development plans to
ensure strong performance and career progression
• Ability to troubleshoot day to day event challenges at all levels
• Manage relationships and performance of specialist event freelancers in pre-
production (producers, show producers, content producers etc) and on site
roles (event support, show callers etc)
• Overview of event budgets ensuring on budget delivery, clarity around any
increases in budget for clients (PCNs) and delivery of on target GP margin
• Driving best practice, high standards and consistency across our client event
• Ensure great inter department relationships
• Leading through our behaviours; Smart, Passionate, Creative
The role is very much client facing requiring excellent account management skills to maintain and build client relationships.
It is also ‘hands on' in terms of leading pitch and development working alongside Directors, other members of the event team and other departments and leading on a small number of your own projects.
Account / Client Management
• Collaborate with Client Services team to deliver excellent client services with very
• Liaise directly with clients with incredibly high expectations, a range of budgets
and short deadlines.
• Be responsive to their needs and deliver excellent client services.
• Apply knowledge of our clients services to maximise delivery opportunities and help
sustain and develop accounts.
Developing winning pitches
• Challenging and clarifying the creative brief in order to understand the client's
expectations, utilising research stimulus, customer knowledge, audience
understanding and brand insight in our response
• Leading the creation of, or being instrumental in the creation of, winning pitches
including presenting ideas to clients
• Work closely with the Event, Creative, Design and Production teams, as well as
third party suppliers, to develop timelines and deliver projects within established
budgets and timeframes.
• Effectively brief and manage all relevant internal teams, ensuring schedules are
adhered to and all documentation and project filing is complete.
• Producing schedules and itineraries required for project management and event
• Ability to manage and oversee multiple projects
• Great on site experience to ensure high standards of production values
and quality control
• Working alongside the Directors to develop, implement and evaluate strategic
vision for the Event Dept
• Represent Event department at Senior Management Team level
The superstar candidate will have
• The ability to balance a multiple of time-sensitive projects at once, and being
able to work with an exceptional attention to detail.
• Possess a genuine passion for the events industry and a flexible approach to
working hours the ideal candidate will be self-motivated, an excellent team
player, confident, outgoing personality and of course, able to be calm under pressure.
• Ambitious self-starter and motivated team player.
• Great communicator with a positive, can-do attitude and the ability to build
relationships with clients and colleagues.
• Strong organisational skills, demonstrating the ability to prioritise, work in a
methodical manner and under pressure. Meticulous attention to detail alongside a creative mind.
• Resilient and calm under pressure; able to maintain quality standards even when working to tight deadlines.
• Good presentation / pitching skills.
• Strong commercial understanding / appreciation and financial acumen
• Experience in managing, developing and leading teams as well as experience
recruiting and leading freelancers.
• An in depth understanding of the industry we work in and the media available to us
• Relevant experiential, brand marketing, creative communications or live events experience
• Working within a creative agency environment in the marketing, live events or production sector
• Proven experience as a Senior Producer, working with large scale events to specific executions with tight deadlines
• Managing multiple projects which achieve impact, results and deliver on the client brief utilising a full range of media
• Experience in conceiving and designing brand experiences at events, conferences and exhibitions
• Managing budgets effectively with an ability to create ideas to suit a range of budgets; delivering projects within budget
• Demonstrable positive inspirational leadership. Proven expertise in motivating
and managing a team including direct reports and freelancers, getting the best
out of the wider agency team
Please apply with a up to date CV
Apply for Head of Events
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly