Mid-Weight Designer - App (iOS and Android)
MATCHESFASHION.COM is the global luxury-shopping destination for men and women, bringing together a modern edit of over 400 established and emerging designers. Experience MATCHESFASHION.COM online, in its London stores and at No.23, our private-shopping townhouse. With over 25 years in luxury fashion, we deliver to over 190 countries and offer 24/7 advice through MyStylist, our dedicated fashion-concierge team.
In this exciting role you will work on a wide variety of designs, from engaging, fully shoppable, interactive editorial layouts for our content streams to creating new functionality for all aspects of our responsive global e-commerce site. Reporting directly into the Assistant Art Director, you will be part of an inspiring and growing team of Senior, Mid-Weight and Junior designers.
We have opportunities to work across; content and social, new streams and Apps (iOs and Android).
What you'll be doing
- Produce original, user-focused concepts and solutions that are multi-faceted and incorporate all the elements of a great user experience while maintaining the house style and brand objectives
- Generate creative ideas, preplan, pitch to senior management within the Content team, manage feedback process, execute and oversee all aspects of visual design
- Understand and apply best practice UI/UX principles to projects. Design responsive wireframes, prototypes and documentation as required. Understand mobile design - eg mobile apps, mobile-first concepts, etc.
- Design editorial content both on and offline, for example homepages, style report content and landing pages alongside special projects including editorial and e-commerce briefs.
- Communicate with Editorial, Management, Marketing, Studio, Press and the Tech teams on all aspects of creative deliverables and project goals.
- Development of technical skills to stay abreast of software changes.
- Keep informed on current developments in digital design, technology, e-commerce etc.
- Communicating and sharing inspiring ideas with the rest of the creative team members.
- Proven experience in digital design
- Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines
- High proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign
- Knowledge and structural understanding of the HTML and CSS processes a plus
- Someone who believes in creating designs with an emotional resonance for the end user
- Strong understanding of typography, colour and layout
- A focus on UI/UX principles to make the customer journey as effortless, seamless and shoppable as possible
- A flexible attitude to adapt to a growing team as well as business needs
- Pro-active with an ability to show initiative and generate ideas to constantly improve the quality of the site
- Detail orientated, well organised, team player
If you are energetic, hardworking and thrive in a collaborative and fast paced environment then please apply with a CV, and covering letter stating your salary details and notice period via the Apply button.