Lead UX/UI Designer
We are looking for a Lead UX/UI Designer to join our growing team. The role covers conception and execution of UX and UI phases for mobile application and vehicle interface design projects with more of a focus on UI than UX.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. They'll also excel at providing highly analytical and creative ideas.
The successful candidate will be able to present design concepts and provide sound reasoning and explanation for design decisions, supported by industry research and best practices. They'll also be expected to be comfortable dealing directly with clients, interpreting their needs and keeping them happy.
- Understand user experience and user centred design best practices and apply those practices to achieve user & business goals.
- Mobile & Apps experience is a must.
- Automotive is a massive plus but not a prerequisite.
- Looking at someone moving towards Digital CD role that can lead and manage if needed. Very hands on role.
- More emphasis on UI but must have decent UX skills
- Understand how motion design is used, in interactive design, and how to fold this into UX and UI development.
- Ability to lead discovery sprints.
- Must be able to manage your own projects but would be idea if you also have experience of assisting more junior members of staff with the management of their own projects also.
- Must show wireframe examples as well as completed designs in your portfolio.
- It's a bonus if you have an understanding of 3D and what is possible in 3D.
- Also a bonus if you have experience with managing freelancers timesheets
Create elegant information design solutions and supporting documentation including:
- Creation of wireframes
- Creation of user journeys
- Creation of UI designs
- Research and stay abreast of UX/UI, user-centred design and interaction design trends.
- Share new research, industry trends and insights with team members.
- Advocate for the user, to internal and external clients, at all points in the design process.
Axure/Omnigraffle experience is not essential but a bonus. We would love for someone to join the team and make suggestions if you have an easier or more efficient way of working.
Medical cashback plan
Personal development/training allowance
Cycle to work scheme
If this sounds like you and you would like to know more please apply with your CV and a copy/link to a current portfolio.