Permanent Junior Conceptual Designer (Retail Sector)
Our client are a fantastic luxury retail brand based in Central London and are looking for an experienced Junior Conceptual Designer to join them on a permanent basis!
They have a budget of £23,000 - £25,000/annum and would like candidates to have 2-3+ years experience in a conceptual/creative design role so that they can hit the ground running.
This position will be reporting to the Senior Graphic Designer and you will responsible for creating inspirational and luxurious global campaign concepts, which will elevate their brand in line with their luxury proposition. You will take responsibility for the evolution of your own campaign projects: from concept and presentation to senior management, to realisation and over-seeing artwork. You will be on set for photo shoots and will be liaising with photographers and other members of the production team to bring campaigns to life. You will also be working on other marketing collateral to support the brand, which includes brochures, below the line advertising and event support materials.
A retail background is desired but for the right candidate they may be flexible on this, as this role is more about having the right conceptual/creative nature than having retail experience specifically. You must be used to working under pressure in a fast paced environment and be confident in order to present your concepts to high profile stake holders and work to constructive feedback.
Any experience liaising with external printers/agencies in production as well as the necessary internal teams would be a bonus.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating inspirational mood boards and campaign concepts which inspire and challenge us as a brand within our luxury positioning.
- Researching, sourcing and liaising with photographers and production companies to help us realise campaign concepts.
- Presenting concepts to senior management.
- Working with the Senior Graphic Designer, you will be art directing photographers, stylists and set designers and coordinating retouching and delivery of final imagery.
- Assisting with costs and quotes for campaign assets.
- Over-seeing the production of campaign artwork from initial layout to sign off, delivery to the printer and approval of printers proofs.
- Creating designs and artwork for other marketing collateral, with responsibility for a brief from concept to print.
- Working with the senior campaign designer, produce and maintain POS guidelines and templates.
Skills and experience:
- 2+ years experience of creating inspirational designs, ideally within a retail environment.
- Have a strong portfolio of work that demonstrates the thought process of their ideas and proves a high level of creativity.
- Have experience of taking their design through to artwork and will be versed in the language of print.
- Know CS6 inside out, especially InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Be happy to help out across the team, contributing to brainstorms, making up mock-ups for presentations and general administrative tasks etc.
If you tick these boxes, please send your CV and portfolio (demonstrating concept development work and skamps) through to Holly at Aquent.
Please note that due to a high volume of applicants, we may only be able to get back to you if your CV has been shortlisted.