Digital Producer- Testing & Analytics
Job Title: Digital Producer
Hours: 35 per week
Responsible To: Digital Manager
Responsible For: N/A
Works With/Key Contact:
All Marketing and Commercial colleagues
External agencies and suppliers
Salary: £32,250 per annum
Established in 1860, Battersea Dogs & Cats Home aims aim to never turn away a dog or cat in need of our help, caring for them until their owners or loving new homes can be found, no matter how long it takes. We are champions for, and supporters of, vulnerable dogs and cats, determined to create lasting changes for animals in our society. We currently operate from three centres - in Battersea London, Old Windsor in Berkshire and Brands Hatch in Kent. Every year, we care for over 7,000 dogs and cats.
In 2016 Battersea reached its highest ever position in the Charity Brand Index at 14th, we are also firmly established within the top 10 in the YouGov UK CharityIndex.
Trustees and Directors have approved significant investment for the new Marketing and Commercial directorate in 2017. This will transform the capability of the marketing function and enable the development of a new brand, marketing and digital strategy. Responsibility for brand and creative will sit in a new Brand team; responsibility for content, social media and online community development and management will sit in a new Content & Communities team; responsibility for marketing campaign project management, the website, search and display, email marketing and bespoke digital projects will sit in a greatly enhanced Digital team. These teams will require inspirational leadership and a number of marketing specialists to take on key roles.
This is a rare opportunity to join an iconic charity brand and help to build a world-class strategic and creative team that will deliver a step change in a well-known charity's approach to its brand, marketing and digital activity.
Main Purpose of the Role
Working closely with the Digital Manager to develop and manage the website and other owned digital platforms, communications, and technology with a particular focus on testing and analytics.
- Support the ongoing development and optimisation of the battersea.org.uk website to achieve marketing and organisation-wide objectives.
- Ensure that testing and analysis is a high priority in all digital activity and that actionable insight is found and implemented; educating key stakeholders and communicating developments regularly
- Ensure that testing and analytics systems are set-up, used and developed to the highest possible standard
- Ensure that all new content and developments are based on sound testing and analytics to optimise reach, user journeys and conversion
Responsibilities Approx % of time
- Day to day optimisation, development and evaluation of the Fundraising and Ecommerce content on the website 25%
- Responsibility for technical development and set-up of analytics and testing software, ensuring consistency and accuracy across the organisation and commissioning new developments 15%
- Proactively evaluating current and future digital content and developments through AB testing, multivariate testing and analytics systems to ensure there is a strong analytics focus in all digital activity; commissioning new content, implementing new ways of working and educating key stakeholders 20%
- Proactively supporting, training and advising a range of staff members from across the organisation, including senior management, on the use of digital products, analytics and testing to fulfil KPIs 10%
- Responsible for bug fixing and problem solving, to ensure optimum customer experience, managing digital product upgrades 5%
- Build strong working relationships across the organisation to ensure needs of all departments are reflected and supported through website presence 10%
- Project managing new digital product developments, including gathering user requirements, briefing agencies, managing stakeholders and user acceptance testing 5%
- Support the Digital Manager and Head of Digital with the development and implementation of a website strategy 5%
- Reporting and presenting the impact of new developments and content, and implement actions gained from insight 5%
- Research and analyse digital trends/new technology to identify, implement and maximise opportunities for the website <5%
The above job description is intended to be an outline of the duties and responsibilities for this role. This is not an exhaustive list, and it is likely to change over time. You may be expected to undertake other duties that are commensurate with this role and grade.
Decision Making and Accountabilities
- Delivery of Marketing and Digital KPIs
- Delivery of digital elements of Fundraising KPIs
- Accuracy and optimisation of the Fundraising areas of Battersea.org.uk
- Delivery of fundraising-related digital projects and briefs
- Measurement and evaluation of activity
- Data protection
- Brand reputation
- Risk assessment
- Proven experience in a digital producer, digital optimisation or digital analytics role within a high profile or innovative brand
- Certification or equivalent experience of setting up, using and developing analytics tools, specifically Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools and Google Tag Manager, including: conversion tracking, ecommerce tracking, custom events, advanced segments, dashboards, custom reporting, goals, and conversion funnels
- Significant experience of training users in Google Analytics and other online analytics tools, including senior management
- Proven experience of using AB and multivariate testing software to optimise websites
- Proven experience of advising and training senior members of staff on using digital products to fulfil KPIs
- Significant experience of project managing digital product developments and upgrades in conjunction with external agencies, including external and internal negotiation
- Significant experience of working with Content Management Systems, preferably Drupal
- Proven ability to find actionable insight and then communicate and implement those actions effectively
- Strong understanding of SEO and online writing best practice, and experience of writing engaging copy for a target audience
- Ability to work in an Agile environment, with scrum project management processes
- Solid knowledge of web development, user experience, digital design, ecommerce, mobile marketing
- Ability to translate organisational and marketing objectives into website strategies and appropriate actions
- Up to date knowledge of web development, tools and systems and recent technological and software developments
- Solid and up to date skills in appropriate software/programming languages including HTML and CSS
- Proven ability in user acceptance testing
- Solid understanding of website accessibility, knowledge and application of W3C web standards
- Good presentation skills and an ability to translate technical information to a non-digital audience
- Ability to work proactively
- Strong creative judgement and a good eye for design, able to deliver excellent visual output and able to translate brand proposition into digital environments
- Good communications and interpersonal skills and the ability to work constructively with colleagues who are not digitally savvy
- Able to receive constructive criticism and feedback
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and deliver work with minimum supervision, to be able to multi-task under pressure
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Able to promote an understanding of, and a commitment to the vision, mission and values of Battersea Dogs & Cats Home
- Ability to influence and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders
- Not for profit experience
- Proven experience of using personalisation software
- Significant experience of developing or maintaining a Drupal CMS platform
- Proven experience of integrating digital systems
- Proven experience of Salesforce
The Home is an equal opportunities employer and all employees are actively encouraged to contribute to the promotion of diversity.
All employees are required to act in accordance with their responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act.
As part of your duties, you will be required to obtain, process and use information held on a computer or word processor. You may not use or disclose data for any other purpose than that for which it was recorded. You must only disclose data to authorised persons or organisations as instructed.
Working at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home
Please note that all offers of employment require:
- References deemed satisfactory to the Home
- Medical clearance via our occupational health team
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK
All new employees to the Home will be subject to a probationary period. We are unable to allow staff to bring their own dogs with them to work.
The Home offers our employees a wide range of benefits to reward them for the value that they bring to the Home.
To apply for this position, please click the Apply button.
We look forward to receiving your application!