Director of Digital and Marketing
At Asthma UK we have a unique opportunity to make a profound, positive change to the lives of over 5 million people with asthma. Through this role you can play a crucial part in making that change happen.
We strongly believe that we are at the most exciting time in history for technology supported health management, underpinned by deep behavioural insights. We also believe that we - as Asthma UK - have the insights, networks and the passion to harness that opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of people with asthma.
Digital is a key part of our future, enabling us to reach and offer personalised support to more people affected by asthma than ever before. It has given us new ways to generate funds from those affected by asthma, whilst remaining an agile, integrated organisation of c80 people. We are continuously exploring what will work for us, supported by a Board and senior team externally recognised for embracing digital.
We're seeking an experienced Director of Digital & Marketing to join our senior leadership team and lead us through the next phase of delivering our mission to Stop Asthma Attacks and Cure Asthma. Whilst we are rightly proud of the reach we have achieved, we recognise there is still much to do to deepen audience engagement across multiple channels and achieve a seamless customer experience.
If you have the skills, energy and enthusiasm to help us bring to life a cause that impacts 1 in 5 UK households, we want to hear from you.
How you can help shape the future
- Drive the development and delivery of ambitious, innovative strategies and plans increasing reach and engagement amongst people affected by asthma through all channels
- Mastermind the integration of all organisation communications, delivering seamless experiences for our varied audiences
- Broker new external partnerships with those who share our vision, assessing for impact, innovation and feasibility
- Connect with digital health innovators, internally and externally, to drive asthma health technology forward through Asthma Lab
- Lead and continually evolve a digital and marketing team to meet the demands of our audiences and maximise the investment of our donors
You will need to be…
- A confident leader, able to inspire teams with your thought leadership
- Obsessed with insight rich, user-centred design for activation campaigns and digital delivery
- Entrepreneurial and agile with strong operational experience in a fast-moving, highly digital environment
- Familiar with cross-channel, integrated campaigning and implementing organisation-wide customer journey plans
- Comfortable with complex data and developing solid business cases
- Highly collaborative and willing to pitch in against organisation requirements
- Driven by the potential to guide real change within the organisation, the wider world of health tech, and the lives of people affected by asthma
What we do really matters
There is nothing as terrifying as the feeling of not being able to breathe or watching helplessly as a loved one struggles for breath. Although asthma affects 1 in 5 households in the UK it is, mistakenly, seen to be ‘sorted'. It's not. In the UK today, every 10 seconds someone has a potentially fatal asthma attack. Every day the lives of three families are devastated by the death of a loved one to an asthma attack. Tragically, the majority of these could be prevented right now. What we do matters.
This is a great place to work
With around 80 people, we are a tight team working together successfully to stop asthma attacks and cure asthma. Our recent staff survey has record levels of recommending this as a great place to work.
To apply for this position, please click on Apply button.
Closing date for applications: 22 May 2017
First interview: 6 June 2017
Second interview: 13 June 2017